Addìng 2 new units.

MrTroodon

Addìng 2 new units.

Post by MrTroodon »

Well i wanted to add this 2 units for a long time already, one beign a giganotosaurus and the other one a diplodocus or an apatosaurus both for the Norsemen. I already tried to add the giganotosaurus(i tried to add it it MIRAGE mainly because is the only mod I use :lol: )sadly it only appears as a pretty bugged icon that dosnt give me any unit, so I has been wondering wtf I did wrong :?:
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Addìng 2 new units.

Post by Scrat »

Well... Tell us what exactly you did :)
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Well I already edited the Techtree, _Ai_ObjectData, die_acks, NewPointBuysCosts, PointBuyChecker, unit_supplies, mirage products and I made the init unitstacks file. So far i have only tried to make a Giganotosaurus rider and not a Sauropod unit, sadly the giga only appears as a pretty bugged icon.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

is only the icon bugged? can you build the giga, can you click it? and if yes, can he walk and fight?

if it's only the icon that is bugged, give him a different one. Try giving him e.g. the allosaurus image by copying the description line in the techtree of DR allo and pasting it into the giga's entry.

if you cannot build the unit because you cannot click the icon, make sure the icon's position in the animal farm is not already being used by another unit or an upgrade.
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Well actually i cant build it, it dosnt even appear when i add it to my army in the smirmish menu and yes the icon positions isnt being used.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

you can add the unit with the skirmish menu and it will pop up in the army controller in the skirmish menu but when you start the game, the unit just isn't there? am i reading this right?
if yes, then try adding a cheat code (see the cheats thread here in the forum for a how to) and create the giga with a cheat code. see what happens.

as for it not appearing in the animal farm: try giving it e.g. the DR allo icon, or any other default icon already used by another unit. also, make sure the visibility in the giga's techtree (at the part where stuff like resource cost of one giga etc. is determined) is at 1 (if you didn't give it any requirements like e.g. epoch 3 or big animal farm).
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Yes i can "add" it on the skirmish menu but it wont appear on my army.
Ya it dosnt appear when i start and neither when I try to build it from a farm, I gave it the seas giga icon(which does work but only on the farm menu not skirmish).
Hmm well I gave it the big animal farm and epoch 4(or 3 i dont remember xD) requirements but I will try that.
And ummm I cant find out how to spawn the unit with the cheats xD
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

if your unit doesn't appear at game start from pointbuy, then its class is not working
copy-paste here the class entry you made i the mirage_products.txt file
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

hu_giganotosaurus_rider {
classattribs {
classname = 'CHuGiganotosaurus'
gfx = 'Gigantosaurus'
}
objectattribs {
tribe = 'Hu'
}
}
hu_giganotosaurus_rider_food {
classattribs {
classname = 'CDino_Food'
gfx = 'Gigantosaurus'
}
objectattribs {
tribe = 'Hu'
}
}
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

okay, you need to have CHuGiganotosaurus class if you want to assign it to the new unit
otherwise the unit can't be created (you can look at the new classes of mirage in mirage.usl)
the class determines what extra stuff the unit has, like weapon buildup, special abilities, all sorts of stuff which can't be done with only techtree
what exactly should the unit be?
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Oh so thats my mistake xD. Well i wanted to make it a rare and expensive but top tier unit.So far i havent add anything else than the giga itself so it wouldnt have upgrades or that kind of stuff.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

in that case, you can simply replace the class with like CAnimal or so
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Hmm I still have the same problem...http://prntscr.com/gw4ys4
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

ok, the icon is screwed for pointbuy, and i'd guess it would be too for the army controller in the game... your Help text files might be buggy. this is where the descriptions are stored, you know, the ones that pop up when you hover the mouse over a unit that say stuff like, this unit is ++ against infantry or - against buildings. any unit's or building's icons are assigned to their respective units there. the icon like in techtree only affects the animal farm's 'action button to produce unit x' (which is all that is written in the techtree in that upper section) if you will, not the actual unit.
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Hmm...I really don know, it dosnt look screwed xD
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

so it should display the seas giga icon?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Isn't that what happens when you forget to load an icon in UI/All_def.txt ?
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

It use the seas Giga icon so... At this point idk what im doing wrong xD!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Is it possible the icon does not support the required level? Does it for for level 5?
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Well the icon does work in the farm, and the icon isnt really the problem but the fact that I cant get the giga to spawn.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

which original unit did you copy and change into the giga rider?
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Hmmm I think the mamoth or carcha but i changed it in a way it wont need Tarna and it dosnt have certain upgrades and that kind stuff, pretty much keeping the unit as simple as possible.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

ok... mammoth would be a good idea, since you basically only need to change the basic and levelup entries, the weapon stats, the resource cost and epoch requirement, the description, the unit's model and the unitacks (sounds).. i don't know what could have gone wrong man, i would just create another giga unit.. copy the mammoth's entries in techtree and the other files where i listed that changed need to be made and edit them accordingly. oh and set the visibility of the unit you initially created to -5 or so, so it cannot appear and cause conflict with the new unit. maybe like this it will work?
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Ya i think will just make it from 0 again XD!!!
EDIT: LOL I cant believe i still have the same problem ._.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

ok... then i really don't know. Henry, AyCe?

and have you tried to see what happens when you spawn it with a cheat? check this http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=1130 an you can edit one of the unit spawn cheats (i recommend the trex titan) to spawn your unit.

Return to “English”