MIRAGE Discussion

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by Scrat »

Glad you love the game so much :)

kirkbaldwin1 wrote:would u plz remove hero amount limits,you can hire only one genre hero,which be rehired only she is dead, for instance--- imagine i can hire up to five queen tarna instead of only one in war,that's what i like,what a glorious,marvellous game,fantastic.
Now i see what you mean :) i thought you meant how to disable the feature that once a player has build a certain hero, the other players cannot build him.
Well, enabling multiple heroes per player is indeed difficult.. the thing here is, every hero enables stuff like global bonuses, lvl4 units etc... and if there's more than one of them, this messes with the game mechanic. those bonuses cannot overlap, else they cancel out. e.g. if you have Tarna on lvl4 three times, you cannot build carnivore guardians, since her level gives the unit availability three times, hence removing it.

It's not even possible to cheat tarna or any hero into the game multiple times precisely because of these overlap issues.

Since there can only ever be one unit on lvl5, the global bonus wouldn't be a problem, but the special units would not work properly
tweak the game a bit,like ----scorpion would move its limbs instead of sliding while moving, seas tribe's medic would flash blue light while healing units
We don't have animations for walking Scorpion, it was barely possible to make it a moveable unit at all :( the medic thing might be done though. But the blue magic thing is what the druids, shamans and monks use, since they use magic. the medic actually cures its allies with science, even though waving at them from 30 meters won't do the trick in real life .. :)
what exactly is container of heroes for?the game s a little bit laggy,my lord,would u plz enable verticle syn. in game option
the container of heroes is just a little tribute we added into the game to honour the creators past and present. it doesn't have any other function in the game.

I don't know if Verticle Synch can be created... Henry?
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear Scrat ,thank you for ur patient elaborate explanation,the game is great.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

you're very welcome Kirk :)
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear MrMorgana and Scrat ,game set to points 100000,ai 7,map name -fallen tribes,that map each isle surrounded by sea,its impossible attacking by foot,i already have many troops at the beginning,after a very long time, ai still wouldn't transport troops across the sea to attack me though ai has one transport turtle ,the game becomes deadlock,would u plz improve ai to let transport turtle ferry troops to attack me.thank u,best wishes.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

the ai never worked perfectly... what could be the reason for this could be, if you put the ai to 100 000 points and it has 52 of 52 available unit slots filled with units, maybe it cannot manage to free up enough slots for the sufficient amount of turtles, and maybe it won't attack with only one. the other option might be that ai behaviour is pre-scripted to follow a certain "path of gameplay", so e.g. if the ai is scripted to only advance to epoch 3 when they have 20 workers on level 1, but if the preset has 15 warriors on level 1, the requirement cannot be fulfilled and they do not proceed to epoch 3. maybe the code for dropping on the enemy with ships or turtles has a similar prerequisite that is not fulfillable. does this happen with 10 000 points too?
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear scrat,thx
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

Hi guys !
Sorry if i'm slow for the french traduction. It's because i have lot of works with university. But i don't forget the traduction of Mirage. I have already translated all new units and upgrades in french, i need to translate mirage options and other details now.

But i see sometimes when i play in multitribe that units will be unavailable with one tribe. For this exemple, i take Dragon Clan, but not with random choice. My headquarter was in 1 but i have changed my HQ during this game (destroying ennemies and take the HQ and killed buildings in my ancient HQ with dg hq but i have Dustriders hq). But with the new Dragon Clan HQ, i can't get epoch 4 and 5 (i need to reach theses with Dustriders HQ) and i can't produce some units like Salta-launcher and Ninja (others players can produce theses units) but i can produce all Dustriders units.
ImageImageImage
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

please, make a savegame, and send it to me, or make a new post and attach the file
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

The savegame, at the begining. I can send the full relay but with google drivge because the file is too heavy.

The full replay on Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-qpEx ... p6YWs/view
Attachments
autosave.ula
(828.46 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
ImageImageImage
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Gattling rider, are you using MIRAGE 2.6.2? Because i can't load the save game you posted
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

MrMorgana wrote:Gattling rider, are you using MIRAGE 2.6.2? Because i can't load the save game you posted
Yes, i use the last version of Mirage.
ImageImageImage
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

very odd. i can load it with 2.6.1 (almost perfectly, only your cavalry units are not responding to commands) but with 2.6.2 it crashes during loading
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

MrMorgana wrote:very odd. i can load it with 2.6.1 (almost perfectly, only your cavalry units are not responding to commands) but with 2.6.2 it crashes during loading
Yes, it's curious, and i don't lie it's 2.6.2, the only things i changed, it's Miyagi GFX and AI Dragon Clan units product (DG products more baryonyx than flametrower trike).
ImageImageImage
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

have you tried reinstalling it? we had to do some quick fixes, maybe you downloaded at a wrong time. download and run the installer again and try anew
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

Scrat wrote:have you tried reinstalling it? we had to do some quick fixes, maybe you downloaded at a wrong time. download and run the installer again and try anew
Okay, i will try it.
ImageImageImage
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear MrMorgana,Scrat,ai is enhanced much in ver.2.62,the ai raided my army very
fiercely,trumped me numerous times at level 7,awesome,great game.
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear MrMorgana,Scrat,ai doesn't seems to use trade dino to trade resource like before,ai builds slaughterhouse to produce food instead,when ai runs out of stone,they wouldn't produce big dino anymore ,which costs plenty of stone.would u plz restore previous trade dino trading system lest ai would run out of resource,or make slaughterhouse produce food and stone.thank u very much.
Last edited by kirkbaldwin1 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

this is curious. i thought AIs would simply cheat the resources they need :?
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear MrMorgana,Scrat,i love war blimp much,it's one of many things that help spice up the game much,great fun.the mirage is absolutely the best real-time strategy game ever,salute.best wishes.
Dharko

Post by Dharko »

Hi Friends, Excelent version 2.6.2!!!

I think I found a bug:
- Skirmish game
- DragonClan
- Epoch 6 can´t be reached because there is not box build necesary to do it

Am I missing something?
Please check this Txs!!!
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear MrMorgana,Scrat,maybe create a mine field which produces stone [like in version mirage_2.6.2_fix_1.2] at every clan,or create a corn field that produces both food and stone at every clan [2 in 1,save space] ,make AI worker build the mine field or the special corn field ,that would solve AI stone shortage problem,because when AI run out of stone,its the most vulnerable moment to them,great game,look forward to your 2.63,best wishes
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

@kirk, your idea is on our to do list. we will discuss it once we get to it. glad you love our work so much, every new idea and kind word is very much welcome
Dharko wrote:Hi Friends, Excelent version 2.6.2!!!

I think I found a bug:
- Skirmish game
- DragonClan
- Epoch 6 can´t be reached because there is not box build necesary to do it

Am I missing something?
Please check this Txs!!!
hi Dharko! I believe you mean the mine field which cannot be built in the normal building box. this is because it is a trap, and traps have their own menu now. on the bottom of the screen, next to the "normal" build menu and the aggression stance menu, there is a trap menu where you can build all traps, including the mine field that is required to reach epoch 6.
Dharko

Post by Dharko »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EPIC FAIL FOR ME jajajaja

I Never watched on the bottom of the screen, my mistake :lol:

I love your work in MIRAGE friends, I hope more updates, they give more fun than vanilla, almost a new game, Txs again, I´ll be around, trans.ENG-ESP still WIP...
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear MrMorgana,Scrat,im often in battle against hu clan at cost 3000,to my surprise,AI hu clan don't need to build corn field or fishing or hunting to produce foods at level 7,AI seems to have numerous foods to create an army at cost 3000,at map- ape island,do i set up settings wrong?thank you.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

maybe they just get a lot of food from their points if you play with 3000 points? i don't really know
hmm... you can watch the replay of that match from the AIs perspective, then you know if they cheat, or how else they do it.

Return to “MIRAGE”