Cheats?

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
TheSpeaker

Cheats?

Post by TheSpeaker »

Hi all.

So I activated cheats in my game. This is apparent by the CHEATS ENABLED!! warning that flashes up on main menu.

This is cool, however I have no idea how to use or where to find these cheats. Sometimes I just want to use them to test out a map or see something in the campaign without sitting through the whole thing.

How do I use them? Did I miss an important memo somewhere that was obvious to everyone else? If so, I'm sorry, please help!
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Cheats?

Post by Scrat »

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

press F6 while ingame to display the cheat list
you can find further info here http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=1130 it is those cheats that mirage includes
TheSpeaker

Post by TheSpeaker »

Awesome, thanks for the cheats, and for your quick response :)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

no problem ;) if you would like to play online (without cheats :) ) we are online most evenings in the tavern ( http://www.para-welt.com/tavern/ ) from ~7pm Central European Time
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

for the cheat menu to show up (when pressing F6) you need to have cheats.txt in bin folder (where the exe files are located). enabling cheats is basically allowing the server shell to be used (the cheat commands are also simply shell commands)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Oh? We should include that file into mirage installer, else the server option might be useless ;D
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Oh? We should include that file into mirage installer, else the server option might be useless ;D
not entirely useless, instead of manually editing the settings file you have now an alternative, but it still requires you to know how cheating system works in general
the only real problem with including cheats.txt in installer is that the user may already have a version of his/her own, which shouldn't be replaced
on the other hand this may have an easy solution
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

maybe with a little tick thingy like at "use DryFun's new cyborg texture" we can make it optional? or with a message saying "would you like to keep your current cheats?" like the Army Presets message?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:or with a message saying "would you like to keep your current cheats?" like the Army Presets message?
this is exactly what i was thinking about
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Alright, then it's settled. Let's do it

Return to “MIRAGE”