strange bug

Reame

strange bug

Post by Reame »

so, I just installed and started playing paraworld, but there is a weird bug. not only are the quest names just a jumble of letters but all written dialogue, including subtitles, are replaced with the word dummy in all caps. there is also the problem of all the health bars being replaced with just a blue bar that sits there, not allowing me to see the health of anything.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: strange bug

Post by MrMorgana »

Reame wrote:so, I just installed and started playing paraworld, but there is a weird bug. not only are the quest names just a jumble of letters but all written dialogue, including subtitles, are replaced with the word dummy in all caps. there is also the problem of all the health bars being replaced with just a blue bar that sits there, not allowing me to see the health of anything.
hi!
are you using original game/boosterpack, or specific mods, like cep/mirage?

anyways, if its happening with normal game, then either your localization files (translated texts) are missing, or you need to check which localization code is used in your settings.cfg, and which files are actually included in your installation, and if they are different (like us-uk) then fix it
if only using specific mods are causing this problem, then the mod's files must be changed - for example mirage users often encounter this problem)
tell me, which case it is, and i will give you further instructions
Reame

Post by Reame »

I am using the booster pack 2.0 with the win7 patch
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Reame wrote:I am using the booster pack 2.0 with the win7 patch
do you have old dvd or digital-download version of paraworld?

anyways, go to your paraworld installation folder (...\Sunflowers\ParaWorld) and then go into ...\Data\Locale folder, there should be a two-letter named folder (like: 'uk', 'de' 'pl' etc.), and make note of its name (should the whole Locale folder be missing tell me that)
next step: open your Settings.cfg (location: %APPDATA%\SpieleEntwicklungsKombinat\Paraworld) with notepad, and look for the line "Language", and check what stands next to it (e.g. 'uk')
if you find this line and the language code isn't matching the one from Locale folder, then change it in your Settings.cfg and save it. if the 'Language' line is missing, then create it yourself in the Global section (Root/Global), where your cdkey, cdkeyhash, LastUsedBinDir are also to be found, and write the two-letter language code behind it (so that it would look like this: Language = 'uk')
then start the game and tell me if it working or not
Reame

Post by Reame »

both the file and the settings.cfg had uk as their name so there is nothing for me to change.

also, I'm using the digital download
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

When installing the Boosterpack 2.0, did you select English (UK) as the language you want to use?
Reame

Post by Reame »

if i remember correctly, I picked English (us). I'll uninstall everything and try again
Reame

Post by Reame »

ok, the weird writing is fixed, but the health bars are still messed up. any ideas?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Reame, your graphic card is an Intel onboard chip?
Reame

Post by Reame »

Yes
Reame

Post by Reame »

bump, I really want to play paraworld but its hard to play without healthbars on all of your characters
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You can change the Health bar appearance in the settings menu. It either uses the player's color or green to red (based on health percentage remaining). Maybe it's blue because you're blue? idk. Try it out.
Reame

Post by Reame »

well, its not because its colored differently, its being replaced by just a bar that doesn't show anything, which makes tracking hp difficult
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

:( This is sadly a driver-related problem we cannot fix. Have you tried the NUM-Key? Does it have the same problem?

Return to “English”