Misread IP

Thkaal

Misread IP

Post by Thkaal »

Okay, I hate to only post when there's an issue, but my group and I are at wits' end. I can't host a multiplayer game. No one can connect to me. The game says my ip address is something that it's not (it won't even show me the ip address assigned to me by my router, it gives an address that is out of range of my router.) Gameranger doesn't show my real address. Giving my friends my ip address (that the internet sees, not my router assigned address), does nothing.

I have all the ports open and pointing to my router assigned ip address, I have a static address on my router).
I have the same version, boosterpack and maps as my friends.

Everything works just fine except my ability to host.

Any suggestions?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Misread IP

Post by AnthonyCole »

Do you START the same version as your friends do? you can check that in the options menu (it will show the text at the bottom).

If you have Boosterpack2.0 (which we recommend) you have a ParaWorld Boosterpack shortcut. Other versions probably don't have this. Starting via autorun always launches "vanilla".

Enabled cheats also restrict your ability to join MP games. (you can only play with other people having cheats enabled)
Thkaal

Post by Thkaal »

I can join just fine, but I'll check with others to make sure we're all on teh same page.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Paraworld shows the LAN IP ingame (at least for me). As you probably know, you need to give out your router's IP, which you can check on sites like http://www.whatismyip.com/ . I had the problem that I wasn't able to play MP at all because of Hamachi - uninstalling it solved the problem.
Are you sure that you forwarded the port correctly in your router to your LAN IP? You actually only need 1 TCP-port (Default is 1905). The "Internet Multiplayer" option is broken btw and won't work (it will in fact let your game crash), so you need to use play by TCP/IP.
Judging by your description, none of these points should be new for you. But I have no idea atm what else could cause your problem. :(
Thkaal

Post by Thkaal »

Ah, okay, it was apparently a typo. Going to try now, but I had 1904 forwarded and not 1905
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Feel free to tell us if that solved it ;)

Return to “English”