Can't connect to the multiplayer

SheegothHunter

Can't connect to the multiplayer

Post by SheegothHunter »

I don't know how alive the forums are nowadays, but I hope someone is out there to help me with a problem I have.

Now I've been looking around the forums a while and noticed some people have had similar problems, but I haven't got an answer yet that solved the situation for me, so I guess I'll create my own thread to see if I can get my problem fixed.

Basically, I have two computers (one stationary and one laptop, both use Windows 7) both with Paraworld installed. They are two separate DVD copies and use different CD keys. I want to be able to play online/LAN between the two computers with my friends or my sister, but I haven't gotten it to work yet.

Now I've tried alot of things to make this work, I have tried opening a LAN match normally, using direct IP, using Hamachi, and I've also made sure that both copies have the exact same mods and addons installed (BoosterPack, Win7 fix and the big mappack). I would be really grateful if anyone could reply to this and help me through my problem!
SheegothHunter

Re: Can't connect to the multiplayer

Post by SheegothHunter »

I just noticed something by the way. Very recently I uninstalled one of the copies and installed it again to make sure that they had the same mods/addons installed, but the game never asked me for a CD key. Could this be a cause to the problem?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

SheegothHunter wrote:I just noticed something by the way. Very recently I uninstalled one of the copies and installed it again to make sure that they had the same mods/addons installed, but the game never asked me for a CD key. Could this be a cause to the problem?
probably not, because the Settings.cfg in your appdata/roaming folder hasn't been deleted at uninstall, and this file stores your CD key, so that when you reinstalled it, the game already had a valid key
anyways, it would be also good, if you could come to tavern (http://www.para-welt.com/tavern/) so that we can talk in realtime
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You need a second CD Key. Send me the one you already have as a PN and I can give you another one.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

SheegothHunter wrote:They are two separate DVD copies and use different CD keys.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

:O ok this usually fixes is.

Hamachi is evil. It took me half a year to figure out that it was causing my PW-multiplayer to be broken. Better uninstall it from the computers.

If you are using normal LAN after that, it should work.

You can also forward any TCP port in your router to a host and host the game on that machine on the specified port.

It's also important not only to install, but also LAUNCH the same versions of the game. You can check the exact version in the options menu at the bottom. (Something hopefully containing BoosterPack1)
SheegothHunter

Post by SheegothHunter »

AnthonyCole wrote::O ok this usually fixes is.

Hamachi is evil. It took me half a year to figure out that it was causing my PW-multiplayer to be broken. Better uninstall it from the computers.

If you are using normal LAN after that, it should work.

You can also forward any TCP port in your router to a host and host the game on that machine on the specified port.

It's also important not only to install, but also LAUNCH the same versions of the game. You can check the exact version in the options menu at the bottom. (Something hopefully containing BoosterPack1)
I'll uninstall Hamachi from both computers, and if it still doesn't work I'll try changing the CDs keys, since I'm suspecting I've might have accidentally written down the same CD key for both games :P . Not sure about this though, which is why I'll try uninstalling Hamachi first.

And yes, every time I have made sure to launch the same version of both games, so that shouldn't be an issue here. Thanks for the help anyways though :D. We'll see what happens when I try this out.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

"I haven't gotten it to work yet" is not a really accurate description ^^ what does not work? You don't see the game? You can't start it?

Return to “English”