MIRAGE Discussion

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by Triceratops »

Henry needed a bit of time to make sure there are at least no major issues with the newest version. We can now continue with the tournament, I guess

I will be online twice, afternoon and evening, to make a plan for a Mirage test tournament

Cu later
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

after some pvp matches (i played myself and watched as observer), i must admit that the whole hero pool system sucks :(
players use the heroes even less frequently, because 1 of the opponents hires that hero sooner
also the (ex hero) specials coming with epoch upgrades isn't too great, and after a lot of playing and thinking, i do appreciate the old system more than ever before
first of all: although the heroes have 2 fancy new abilities, the level 4 mandatory to have certain stuff was just a better reason to get them
also the game was more fun being rewarded with hero specials for a relatively fair investment, and it was good having the opportunity to build or produce cool stuff early on, and not having to wait for epoch 4 or 5 for them
also the limited epoch games (which i really like) were awesome back in 2.5.2 version, when players actually used the hero special unit(s) in their army compositions. and since there threat of titans were not present the game looked way more interesting
so its better to remove hero pool with the next version (this for sure), and probably changing back how special units were unlocked -> the 2 new abilities and specials for level 4/5 hopefully could give players more reason to use heroes in their games, and also keep them alive
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Since i'm also working on improving client side stuff (like making different versions of ankylosaurus, stegosaurus and brachiosaurus purchasable in pb. menu), its time to allow players buying skulls in pointbuy menu, which mostly helps dr players.
Only question is, how much points should a skull cost. The default value - set by SEK - would be 100 points, but i would say, thats a bit too much.
Any suggestions?
Adder
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Adder »

MrMorgana wrote:after some pvp matches (i played myself and watched as observer), i must admit that the whole hero pool system sucks :(
players use the heroes even less frequently, because 1 of the opponents hires that hero sooner...
Maybe take the heroes out of the AC, the main reason i dont do herores is that you need to save a slot in every level to advance a hero from 1 to 5.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Thats a good idea! Also please make Hero Pool an option like it was thought to be back when we started the concept. I still like it because it gives some new flavour. Same goes for special units without heroes. Please keep this at least as an option. It was really helpful to produce boltthrowers without bela against late game DC in my matches

I have never been a fan of hero-focused games like Warcraft 3 or LoL so thats why I highly appreciate to have both kinds of gameplay in PW
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Triceratops wrote:Also please make Hero Pool an option like it was thought to be back when we started the concept. I still like it because it gives some new flavour. Same goes for special units without heroes. Please keep this at least as an option. It was really helpful to produce boltthrowers without bela against late game DC in my matches
The hero pool can be made optional (it was once long ago) but to make also the AI work with both system is very hard (if not impossible)
But to make special stuff be bound to heroes optional is really impossible. Even only trying it requires to remake many things in client, server and ai side scripts. The work to do with techtree is a nightmare alone. And i already know that it won't never function properly (and there will be many crashes because of it)
if there will be more people wanting to have this kind of gameplay, we can consider making a secondary mod with it (based on the current, 2.5.7 version, but would be updated with new stuff regurarly as well)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

@Adder: You can drag a unit in the AC to skip levels when leveling up.
tobigoku

Post by tobigoku »

Wo kann ich mich hinwenden wenn ich deutsche Antworten brauche. Versteh zwar englisch aber sich jetzt so wircklich in englisch unterhalten kann ich nicht so. Sory.^^
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

tobigoku wrote:Wo kann ich mich hinwenden wenn ich deutsche Antworten brauche. Versteh zwar englisch aber sich jetzt so wircklich in englisch unterhalten kann ich nicht so. Sory.^^
schreibe ruhig auch auf deutsch, wir können es (die meisten) verstehen ;)
Adder wrote:Maybe take the heroes out of the AC, the main reason i dont do herores is that you need to save a slot in every level to advance a hero from 1 to 5.
Adder :)
in 2.5.7 du kannst es auch ohne freie slots machen. aus changelog:
"Formerly if the player wanted to level up a unit by 2 levels (like from AC level 1 to 3) while there were no free slots in the level between (in this case AC level 2) only with a drag-and-drop action on the pyramid card could this be done -> from now on, right clicking on the pyramid (AC) card, or using the level up command bar button will level up the selected unit to the closest level, if it has a free slot (and the player has enough skulls to do so)"
tobigoku

Post by tobigoku »

Achso k das is gut.^^

Mich würd ma interessieren ob das beabsichtigt ist das bei 2.5.7 die Helden in der Taverne pro Epoche verschwinden und man irgendwie nur bestimmte bauen kann?

Und ein paar Texte der Heldenfähigkeiten werden nochnicht richtig angezeigt.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

tobigoku wrote:Mich würd ma interessieren ob das beabsichtigt ist das bei 2.5.7 die Helden in der Taverne pro Epoche verschwinden und man irgendwie nur bestimmte bauen kann?
nee, sie verschwinden nicht, aber es gibt jetzt ein neues system, namens hero-pool. das bedeutet, dass jeder held immer nur von einem spieler jeder zeit gehabt werden kann. Zum beispiel: wenn KI schon Cole hat, kannst du ihn nicht auch haben (sein icon verschwindet auch aus tavern), bis Cole von Ki getötet wird (dieses system wird allerdings in nächster version ausgemacht)
tobigoku

Post by tobigoku »

Ah ok das wusst ich nochnicht. Das das wär vielleicht nen bug.^^

Ja hoffe das das bald abgeschalten wird oder das man das als auswahloption hat. Danke für die Info.^^
Maurohq261

Post by Maurohq261 »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and do not know if this suggestion to go here but I 'd like to share this idea with mirage mod developers (which incidentally I love this mod) . I'm from Venezuela so I forgive my bad English .

I would help add new dinos to the game, one for each faction. I recently suggested this idea but was told to add new models to the game was very difficult , so I ask for help to the developers of this mod. The dinos that I recommend to add are:

Therizinosaurus for SEAS ( http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/S ... eri1-2.jpg ) to have another melee unit .

Spinosaurus for dragon clan ( http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/108188637-4.jpg ) I found this browsing the forum and I really think they could use another carnivore dragon clan .

An aquatic creature for Norsemen to have more water units

An amphibious creature for Dustriders ( like a Sarcosuchus http://dinosaurio.blog.terra.com.ar/fil ... erator.jpg ) acuerpo attack with great body and archers in the saddle.

From verad want this to become a reality and look forward to your support. XD
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

MrMorgana wrote:
Triceratops wrote:Also please make Hero Pool an option like it was thought to be back when we started the concept. I still like it because it gives some new flavour. Same goes for special units without heroes. Please keep this at least as an option. It was really helpful to produce boltthrowers without bela against late game DC in my matches
The hero pool can be made optional (it was once long ago) but to make also the AI work with both system is very hard (if not impossible)
But to make special stuff be bound to heroes optional is really impossible. Even only trying it requires to remake many things in client, server and ai side scripts. The work to do with techtree is a nightmare alone. And i already know that it won't never function properly (and there will be many crashes because of it)
if there will be more people wanting to have this kind of gameplay, we can consider making a secondary mod with it (based on the current, 2.5.7 version, but would be updated with new stuff regurarly as well)
ok, seems i was a bit wary last time
it wasn't impossible at all to make both hero pool and free hero specials to be optional within the same mod
everything seems to work just fine, so nothing is gonna be removed :D
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

;)
tobigoku

Post by tobigoku »

Gibt es jetzt eigentlich schon einen neuen Patch indem dieses Hero system umgeändert oder abgeschalten werden kann?

Also das jeder wieder jeden Hero bauen kann und nicht wenn einer den schon gebaut hat das man den selben Hero nicht gleichzeitig bauen kann.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

tobigoku wrote:Gibt es jetzt eigentlich schon einen neuen Patch indem dieses Hero system umgeändert oder abgeschalten werden kann?

Also das jeder wieder jeden Hero bauen kann und nicht wenn einer den schon gebaut hat das man den selben Hero nicht gleichzeitig bauen kann.
nein, noch nicht (also die testversion ist schon fertig, habe ich mit Anakey schon damit test-spiele gemacht, aber hat noch einige problemen)
habe bitte noch ein bisschen geduld ;)
tobigoku

Post by tobigoku »

Jo danke. Geil das ihr euch immernoch um ein Spiel kümmert das von 2006 ist. Find das Game immernoch hammer und eure arbeit auch, danke nochmal.^^
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Ich wünsche allen schöne Ostertage!

Happy Easter, everyone!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

tobigoku wrote:Jo danke. Geil das ihr euch immernoch um ein Spiel kümmert das von 2006 ist. Find das Game immernoch hammer und eure arbeit auch, danke nochmal.^^
:D
haben wir seitdem daran gearbeitet, und das spiel scheint stabil zu sein, bald fangen wir an die neuen beschreibungen zu machen
PhelX
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by PhelX »

Und diese mod ist ein beweis für den wert und die genialität dieses spiels :wink:
Gerade die gameplay veränderungen sind klasse arbeit: die lufteinheiten, die SEAS, und das Vorratssystem
Keep up the good work :-D
PhelX
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by PhelX »

Ist es irgendwie machbar das die lufteinheiten ein bisschen Kollision besitzen?
Die Auswahl ist immer sehr schwer zu treffen entweder man nimmt einen oder alle dazwischen geht leider nicht
Wird das in der nächsten Version behoben? Oder stellt das erstmal kein allzugroßes Problem dar?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

PhelX wrote:Ist es irgendwie machbar das die lufteinheiten ein bisschen Kollision besitzen?
Die Auswahl ist immer sehr schwer zu treffen entweder man nimmt einen oder alle dazwischen geht leider nicht
Wird das in der nächsten Version behoben? Oder stellt das erstmal kein allzugroßes Problem dar?
das kann leider nicht gefixt werden :|
PhelX
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by PhelX »

Schade :(
Ist aber ein eher geringes Problem
PhelX
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by PhelX »

Kann es sein das die Cyborg-Triceratops-Exemplare im Mirage geschrumpft sind? Sieht irgendwie nicht mehr sonderlich beeindruckend aus...

Return to “MIRAGE”