Windows 8

Abyssinian

Windows 8

Post by Abyssinian »

Hey everyone,

I've found the fixes here for Windows 7, but I have bought a new laptop recently with Windows 8 and ParaWorld also won't run on that. I'm dying to play it again, so I was wondering if there were any fixes for Windows 8. Any advice anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: Windows 8

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Abyssinian, welcome :) You can use the Win7fix for both OS. Make sure you have updated the game to version 1.05 (either you own Paraworld Gold or you install the free Paraworld Boosterpack 2.0 from our site)

Regards!
Abyssinian

Post by Abyssinian »

Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid it still won't start up. I did a fresh install, installed the boosterpack (which failed to overwrite the paraworld.exe) then did the win7fix (also failed to overwrite the paraworld.exe). But now I still can't start the game. Any further suggestions? I think the paraworld.exe can't be changed because of the firewall or something, but I'm not sure.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

First of all, restart your PC.

Now install this: http://para-welt.com/download_main/counter.php?file=0

Now this: http://db.tt/WA0kKWAr

This works for EVERY version of Windows from XP upward!

You should now be able to start Paraworld by clicking the "ParaWorld Boosterpack" shortcut on the desktop.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Start the installation of Boosterpack and Winf7fix with right-mouse-button -> Run as Admin. You must make your Pc overwrite those exe files. You could also just delete the paraworld.exe after you have installed the boosterpack because the Win7fix will install the newest so the old one would get deleted anyway

If it still doesnt work edit your paraworld folders attributes so its files can be changed. Use right mouse button the folder and choose properties. Change the 'Write-able' status or whatever it is called in english :-D

If it still doesnt work (dont be angry) uninstall the game, reboot your pc, login as admin, and install Paraworld into X:\PW - X: being your harddrive of choice

We will make it work, I promise, but give us more information about your Firewall tools, and Paraworld version eg Download or DVD
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Tric the installers CAN'T be run without admin rights! So there's no need for that, they'll ask for them anyway ;)

Paraworld.exe is most likely in use, that's why the restart. It's important not to do anything PW-related except for installing the files I mentioned after the restart!!

It's best to install PW NOT in Program Files, but I don't think that's related to the problem in any way.

Return to “English”