Problems with the videos

Lucho

Problems with the videos

Post by Lucho »

Hi! I am new in this forum, it was so usefull but i don't find the solution of my problem, i buy this game but i dont have time to play it, know i have time because im playing jpog too, i like dinosaurs so much. So my problem is:
I cant see the videos in the game (gray and black screen but the audio is runing), the intros, sunflowers logo, cinematics or credits. I have the gold edition of the game, all drivers updates. The only way i found is alt+tab to watch the cinematics, it's another fix to this problem?
The game is original without cracks, i have installed the tages drivers and the game, nothing more. Thanks for helping me and sry for my english, i am italian/argentine.

My pc:
Hardware Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory 4096MB RAM
Hard Drive 209 GB
Video Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
Physics Card No
Monitor Asus VH242 24'' Full HD
Sound Soundcard Altoparlanti (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers Logitech
Peripherals Keyboard Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110
Mouse Logitech HID-compliant G9 Laser Mouse
Mouse Surface 200 - 3200 dpi/s
Computer Case Chenbro PC61166 Xpider (Gaming Bomb)
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Re: Problems with the videos

Post by Anakey »

Hi and welcome to the forums. The opening videos do not scale up too well with the higher resolutions for some reason but anyway i have deleted them from my folder as i had seen them a few times already. The actual in game videos should still play fine at whatever resolution you are playing the game on.

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
Lucho

Post by Lucho »

Thanks alot for answerme too quickly, i try it to put the resolution in a lower setting but still the same problem. I search game in multiplayer but there are no person playing it, there are people still playing in multi or its dead?
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

well there are some of us who do play on mp, but we decide on xfire if we want to play mp, just search for legends of paraworld as that is the group that most of the people in this forum belongs to

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Lucho, welcome to the forum :) You are using Windows 7, right? This video problem is well-known but without a solution yet. I had a test run of the PC Games magazine edition of Paraworld and they somehow fixed that problem. I would like to talk about this topic with those modding the game so we can hopefully find which was changed in this newest edition and can offer a patch for it. I'm pretty sure it needs a config file for the RAD video player to be changed

Could you tell us which videos are not shown? You can see the ingame cutscenes?
Lucho

Post by Lucho »

Triceratops wrote:Hi Lucho, welcome to the forum :) You are using Windows 7, right? This video problem is well-known but without a solution yet. I had a test run of the PC Games magazine edition of Paraworld and they somehow fixed that problem. I would like to talk about this topic with those modding the game so we can hopefully find which was changed in this newest edition and can offer a patch for it. I'm pretty sure it needs a config file for the RAD video player to be changed

Could you tell us which videos are not shown? You can see the ingame cutscenes?
I am so glad for the support :), yes i use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. The videos are only the itros, the ingame custscenes work normaly, i try to put in video settings uncheking fullscreen and it works but when i put again fullscreen i can't see the sunflowers logo, intro of paraworld and the paraworld credits, but the ingame cutscene when i start a new game it's visible. Thanks again for the support, you are more usefull that ubisoft or activision hahaha :P!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

This is exactly what I have experienced. The intro videos are not working if not shown in windowed mode. Are you using the Gamersgate download version of Paraworld?

My game (GG version) switches into windowed mode before the intro starts and then back into fullscreen afterwards. When I interrupt this by alt-tabbing during loading process the video is either black or blue. I'm pretty sure there is a setting to force the intro video into windowed mode somewhere in the game files and we have to kind of optimize that process
Lucho

Post by Lucho »

Triceratops wrote:This is exactly what I have experienced. The intro videos are not working if not shown in windowed mode. Are you using the Gamersgate download version of Paraworld?

My game (GG version) switches into windowed mode before the intro starts and then back into fullscreen afterwards. When I interrupt this by alt-tabbing during loading process the video is either black or blue. I'm pretty sure there is a setting to force the intro video into windowed mode somewhere in the game files and we have to kind of optimize that process
My paraworld is the retail gold edition.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Which language?
Lucho

Post by Lucho »

Italian version.
Lucho

Post by Lucho »

Any news?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Can you choose a different graphic card in the options on the main menu?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Lucho wrote:Any news?
We talked about it today but have not found a solution yet :?
Lucho

Post by Lucho »

Hi for everyone ^^, i want to know if there are some news?
Thx a lot :)!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Just run the game in windowed mode, it often doesnt show the videos when in fullscreen mode...
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Lucho wrote:Hi for everyone ^^, i want to know if there are some news?
Thx a lot :)!
Hi Lucho, we haven't found a solution for it. I recognized that the Gamersgate Paraworld Gold Edition switches to windowed mode for the intro and back afterwards. The strange thing is... it does that sometimes but not always in my case. I could not yet find out why

Please try this:

If you run for example Mirage which also starts the Paraworld Un-Crasher tool does your game run the intro video already in windowed mode (in the background)? Have you tried to ALT-TAB after the game started? Because at this point my version of the game happens to run the video in a smaller window and afterwards switches back to fullscreen on its own

Sometimes at least :P

I can see us adding something like a windowed start for the game and then adding a maximize to full screen routine somehow

I don't know about the technical possibilities, maybe Henry, Ayce or Adder can add how this could be done

Return to “English”