- Technical Problems with Paraworld -

Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: - Technical Problems with Paraworld -

Post by Triceratops »

With 32bit there is a good chance, you can make it work. Install the game again but start it without any further patches applied. Of course keep the 32bit tages driver installed. Make sure you keep firewall and virusscanners turned off. And install it into C:/sunflowers/paraworld please
karrot

Post by karrot »

Triceratops wrote:With 32bit there is a good chance, you can make it work. Install the game again but start it without any further patches applied. Of course keep the 32bit tages driver installed. Make sure you keep firewall and virusscanners turned off. And install it into C:/sunflowers/paraworld please
shall i close and the windows firewall :?:
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

No other tools installed? If so, keep it on
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

In most of the cases, the antivirus is the problem.
Brazilian Tiririca

Post by Brazilian Tiririca »

For several days I have tried downloading the game on GamersGate as was suggested to me (because when I was informed that copies online so it works with the mod seas) the problem is that whenever I try to download at around 6% downloaded external error message appears've had to reimburse the amount paid and asked for a colleague of mine (Darth Vader) try to download it on pc but the same error appears on the pc it to some other site I can download the game? if not anyone know how to fix this error? inBrazil here after I found this game is forming a veritable legion of wanting to play with the ultimate potential that this game has someone please help us finally play against the seas in the campaign was great now I want to play is USING the seas
PS: I apologize if you are hard to understand I use the translator google sorry: P
PPS: I'm sorry if I posted in wrong topic
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Brazilian Tiririca, we are sad to hear of these problems
Gamersgate FAQ:

"Pause-Unpause" message

Common reason is that ISP uses an inner anti-virus which detects suspicious sites and check if they are containing viruses, trojans worms and etc. So it probably filtered your download domain and caused the download manager problems when it tried to continue downloading, as the problem may happen when you try unpausing. There are several possible reasons for you to receive such a message.

You can do the following:

* 1) Check your internet connection. This message may appear when the connection is interrupted, or very slow.
* 2) Reboot your PC - this may remove some temporary files, clean some memory, and may help in removing this message
* 3) Just wait 5-10 minutes and try again - this is most probably a temporary problem, so whatever causes it, it may be gone after a while.
* 4) Try downloading the game from another computer, and if the error does not appear there, you can copy the downloaded files and the download file (!) to your computer and run the file. It will then search for the downloaded files. If the temporary folder for downloaded games and the download file are in the same place, then it will find the files and start the installation process. If after all you still experience this problem, do write to support@gamersgate.com.

"Server did not accept the request (replied HTTP status; 200, expected 206)" message

This may happen due to different reasons. Some of them may be:

* 1) An anti-virus application may be blocking/filtering the download. Lower the anti-virus settings or disable the antivirus during the download.
* 2) Your internet service provider may use a built-in security service, which detects suspicious sites and checks if they are containing viruses,trojans, worms and etc. It probably filtered your download domain and caused problems to the download manager when it tried to countinue downloading.

BitDefender 2009 stopped the installation due to a virus in the launch file.

Turn off real time protection in BitDefender.

NOTE: Some antivirus react improperly. It will be crucial for our business to supply any kind of malware, but still defenders suspect file names like Generator as viruses.

Can i download a game on one computer and install it on another one?

Yes, you can.

* 1) Copy the download file and the temp folder as they are located near each other
* 2) Paste on another computer that has connection to the internet
* 3) Run the download file and fill in the login/password if necessary
* 4) The installation process will start automatically, if the temporary folder is in place, since it will find the install files.

NOTE: Internet connection is required for performing the installation process. Installation cannot be made manually. It is done automatically and it requires internet connection to be performed properly.

Can I use 3rd party Download Managers with GamersGate?

No.

Can I use GamersGate if I am behind a proxy?

Yes, unless GamersGate is blocked manually of course. The Windows version of the GamersGate downloader uses the same proxy settings as Internet Explorer, which can be set in the control panel.

How do I download my games?

You need to

1) Log in on the site

2) Go to My Games tab on the left

3) Chose Purchased Games option

4) Click the Download button next to the game in the list of purchased games.

5) Launch the file you downloaded by double clicking it (we advise not to run it from the browser) to download the game

6) After the download is finished the installation procedure starts automatically.

This is how it works

http://www.gamersgate.com/?page=shop&what=downloader

NOTE: Installation cannot be done manually. It is done automatically and it requires internet connection to be performed properly.

If nothing of this is a problem on yours or your friends computer send them an email:

support@gamersgate.com

If they dont fix it, tell us. You will be able to download this game I'm sure
ere367

Post by ere367 »

ok ive been having problems with paraworld and ive tried every thing from clear chache to unistalling then reistalling bbut i keep getting "there is a problem with paraworld.exe system is closing program..." and its started when i byaccidently put the grafics to high and crashed the game can some one help???
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Ere, I'm very sorry. I was away, on vacation, and returned recently. Reset Paraworld's graphic settings.

Start->Run

"Paraworld.exe -setting defaultsettings.cfg -autoconfigrules autoconfigrules.txt -nolaunch" (without ")
Honnli

- Technical Problems with Paraworld -

Post by Honnli »

Hi all,

Having bought the DVD version of Paraworld back in 2007, I also ran into the dreaded "program has stopped working" APPCRASH problem after I upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit. I can play it if I use the no-dvd crack, but that limits the game to version 1.01. After reading about the Tages driver compability issue, and after recently having to system restore my system back to the point right after freshly installing Windows 7 (due to other reasons :p), I tried the installation order suggested on here (Tages x64 first, then Paraworld, etc). Unfortunately, it still didn't work and Paraworld still stops working and APPCRASHes. Perhaps system restore is not enough and I need to re-install Windows for it to work? I dunno. So anyway, I was considering buying the gold edition off Gamersgate, but I decided to try something first, installing the demo version of Paraworld to see if it works, since it doesn't use copy protection (or does it?). Interestingly, even that didn't work and still APPCRASHes. So perhaps the problem is caused by compatibility issues other than the Tages driver issue? If that's the case, would it mean that the gold edition also will not work?

A more trivial question, I see in the various screenshots of Paraworld that tree leaves cast shadow. However, no matter what I do (changing the in-game settings, modifying the settings files, etc), Paraworld just won't display tree leaf shadow, and only display shadow for tree trunks. Is it just how the game is supposed to be? Or is there a way to enable tree leaf shadow? :P
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Honnli, welcome, it's one of those issues Paraworld can give you endless hours of trial-and-error troubleshooting. Don't do that, it's not worth the hassle. Same goes for the gamersgate download version. If one of the other version didn't work, this won't as well. We had at least two people trying it and so far they can install the game but cannot play it. Both use Windows 7 64bit

This problem needs someone with good knowledge of Windows 7. Also there are different versions of Win7 64 bit on the market. It could be that those, maybe because of being restricted or because they use specific settings by the computer's manufacturer, recovery dvd, etc, are not able to run Paraworld at all. At least not until someone finds the root of this problem

Please tell us the name of your Win7 64 edition? I'm starting a log for this

What we got mostly positive results on Windows 7 64bit from is the newest version of Paraworld, sold on the DVD of a german gaming magazine called PC GAMES and it's little sister PC ACTION. Both got new executables and work pretty stable. They removed some of the internet features though, you need to join games using TCP/IP-connection. It could be that this magazine version got edited in more parts than the gamersgate download one. There is no change log and no info on who did that

So, let me write an email to the mag and try to find out more. But I do not see a good ending soon

I am very disappointed, too :(

Although I have bought the upgrade to Win7 64 with my laptop, I use the pre-installed Vista 32bit, to be able to play older games. No solution, so let us keep collecting and hopefully this gets solved
Honnli

Post by Honnli »

Thanks. Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick with playing 1.01 with the no-dvd crack for now. Anyway, the edition of Win7 x64 I'm using is the Ultimate edition. Surprisingly though, the other computer in the household, which also runs Win7 64-bit Ultimate edition (though with older hardware), is able to run Paraworld without any problem (though I did install in the suggested order the very first time). So yeah, it could be anything that's stopping Paraworld from running..
Honnli

Post by Honnli »

Update
I just bought GamersGate's ParaWorld Gold edition today after seeing it on sale for a low price of just $3.40, and it works!! So for those of you that are having problems running ParaWorld on Windows 7 64-bit, now might be a good time to get a copy from GamersGate, though you'll have to be quick, the sale ends in 3 days. And even if it doesn't work, you'll only have spent the equivalent of a cup of coffee, right? ;) Now, on to install the community packs. :D
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Good news :wink:
Ukraine

Post by Ukraine »

Reinstalled the game. No results - spelling errors. The install went in this order: Paraworld - booster pack 2 V.3 - CEP - MIRAGE - mappack - fix for Windows 7.
Ukraine

Post by Ukraine »

I found the solution. I had to remove MIRAGE and it worked! Since so wanted to ask, very tired notice that you can move to a new era, it is possible to remove it?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Ukraine wrote:I found the solution. I had to remove MIRAGE and it worked! Since so wanted to ask, very tired notice that you can move to a new era, it is possible to remove it?
ofc, its just an addon, not required to play the game -'J
but it should only cause spelling errors if you start the game with it
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Ukraine

Post by Ukraine »

Just notice it arises much more often than I do the original game
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Ukraine, you are playing with the russian language version? What errors exactly do you get?

1) Could you please make a topic list of the errors

- spelling
- words are missing
- heroes missing

and so on

I have not yet understood what exactly the problem is you are struggling with :)

2) Please tell us more about your Computer. Which Windows version?

3) Have you installed Paraworld into X:\PW (X: is your harddrive)?
Ukraine

Post by Ukraine »

I use Russian version Paraworld, Russian version Booster Pack , the Russian version of CEP. I have Windows 7. C :/ / program files / sunflowers / paraworld . My problem is this: the message "Can you move to a new era" appears too often.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Oh I understand, and I dislike this message as well. I hope AyCe and Henry will remove it or make it optional (if it isnt already in their current builds)
Ukraine

Post by Ukraine »

Clear. Hopefully in the future this will be fixed)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Yeah I think you mean the problem we already discussed for this version (1.2.0) of CEP. Sometimes the bar is not updated so you see it yellow although not enough res are available. As a result, this message is also displayed. And yeah, the time between the messages should be like 5 minutes or so, not 1 min as it is afaik now.

Mirage has afaik only a very limited choice of languages. Maybe they will improve it, hearing that there are indeed people with russian versions playing ^^

But we need translators...
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

:) It is about the annoying message that the player is able to upgrade the HQ to the next epoch
Ukraine

Post by Ukraine »

When Tarna reach Level 4 - I do not appear Temple Amazons, why? And I can help you with a little translation into Russian.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hasn't the temple been removed?

Return to “English”