MIRAGE English US version

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
dinodna123

MIRAGE English US version

Post by dinodna123 »

Hello I was wondering if you can make a US version for the game as I installed under UK as US wasn't there and I keep getting all these letters stating !Dummy
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: MIRAGE English US version

Post by AnthonyCole »

you can actually open the text files in the mirage folder and change the "UK" at the beginning of the file to "US".
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Dinodna123, thanks for the feedback, this should be fixed. Henry is it still a problem in your latest version?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Triceratops wrote:Henry is it still a problem in your latest version?
what do you mean by that?
anyways, missing translation is something that only can be solved, if there are people helping me...
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I think it's safe to use the same text files for UK and US versions.

What other languages do you need help translating with?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

What other languages do you need help translating with?[/quote]
German for example =D

also italian, russian, french, polish (although Tomeis used to help with that in the past)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Yes, it is missing the US files
dinodna123

Post by dinodna123 »

Here are pictures of what I'm on about.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/d ... b0a4d9.png

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/d ... 2c10a1.png

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/d ... cf71bd.png

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/d ... 99d272.png

AnthonyCole wrote:you can actually open the text files in the mirage folder and change the "UK" at the beginning of the file to "US".
Which text files are those? This one? _ltflist edited that file replaced uk to us now it wont show any text at all so replaced back with uk.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

hi dinodna123!
download please this file: Texts_us.zip

there are 2 files within the archive - mirage.ltf and _ltflist.txt
replace the uk ones with these in ...\Sunflowers\ParaWorld\Data\MIRAGE\Texts
(... indicates the folder you choosed at installation, like C:\Program Files)
if done appropriately, you should get then the missing texts
dinodna123

Post by dinodna123 »

MrMorgana wrote:hi dinodna123!
download please this file: Texts_us.zip

there are 2 files within the archive - mirage.ltf and _ltflist.txt
replace the uk ones with these in ...\Sunflowers\ParaWorld\Data\MIRAGE\Texts
(... indicates the folder you choosed at installation, like C:\Program Files)
if done appropriately, you should get then the missing texts
I got it now, the files you gave me didn't work until I added us in the mirage.ltf file as uk was still there and now I see all the text, but what happened to the ++/+/-/-- signs? They gave me a good indication of what unit is best.

I went to check out another topic and I see this http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/d ... d1f10e.jpg
but mine doesn't show that? I wanna know how I can see which unit is best against what, but I cant figure out how to do that as I clicked on the unit and nothing was displayed like in the picture.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

dinodna123 wrote:I got it now, the files you gave me didn't work until I added us in the mirage.ltf file as uk was still there
sorry, my bad ^^
dinodna123 wrote:but what happened to the ++/+/-/-- signs? They gave me a good indication of what unit is best.

I went to check out another topic and I see this http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/d ... d1f10e.jpg
but mine doesn't show that? I wanna know how I can see which unit is best against what, but I cant figure out how to do that as I clicked on the unit and nothing was displayed like in the picture.
i guess you checked this post from me (http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?p=95001#p95001)
so, to let it be displayed:
MrMorgana wrote:to let new stuff be displayed, you have to hover the cursor over the small icons in info window (bottom left), for example over the little sword, then the tooltip window on the right side will show these new things

but the ++/+/-/-- signs will also come back in next version :)
dinodna123

Post by dinodna123 »

MrMorgana wrote:
dinodna123 wrote:I got it now, the files you gave me didn't work until I added us in the mirage.ltf file as uk was still there
sorry, my bad ^^
dinodna123 wrote:but what happened to the ++/+/-/-- signs? They gave me a good indication of what unit is best.

i guess you checked this post from me (http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?p=95001#p95001)
so, to let it be displayed:
MrMorgana wrote:to let new stuff be displayed, you have to hover the cursor over the small icons in info window (bottom left), for example over the little sword, then the tooltip window on the right side will show these new things

but the ++/+/-/-- signs will also come back in next version :)

Alright thanks for the help and cant wait till the next version. :P

Also when I hover over any of the heroes in the Tavern the units don't show up when they reach the certain level. Will that come back as well?

Example: I wanna be able to see the heroes unlock-able unit in the description when I hover over them in the Tavern.

P.S Thanks to everyone else for trying to help.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

dinodna123 wrote:Also when I hover over any of the heroes in the Tavern the units don't show up when they reach the certain level. Will that come back as well?

Example: I wanna be able to see the heroes unlock-able unit in the description when I hover over them in the Tavern.
"the units don't show up when they reach the certain level" - thats a bit unclear.
anyways, the only change (regarding that) is that heroes don't unlock anything on level 4 in current version, so that hero specials (like berserker, fallingstones, taslow tower, etc.) are free ~ come with epoch upgrades. the heroes have now +2 specials skills instead, just like the one on level 3. for example Governor has 'deafening roar' (lvl4) and 'motivate' (lvl5) as showed on the picture below:
new_hs.png
new_hs.png (116.97 KiB) Viewed 24517 times
if you meant that, then yes, in next version 'free hero specials' will be just a gameplay option

the other thing (what i assume you could mention), is that if you can't produce a hero, because the population limit is reached, then the whole, long description in tooltip is replaced by a short one, like:
short_tt.png
short_tt.png (101.45 KiB) Viewed 24517 times
dinodna123

Post by dinodna123 »

MrMorgana wrote:
dinodna123 wrote:Also when I hover over any of the heroes in the Tavern the units don't show up when they reach the certain level. Will that come back as well?

"the units don't show up when they reach the certain level" - thats a bit unclear.
anyways, the only change (regarding that) is that heroes don't unlock anything on level 4 in current version, so that hero specials (like berserker, fallingstones, taslow tower, etc.) are free ~ come with epoch upgrades. the heroes have now +2 specials skills instead, just like the one on level 3. for example Governor has 'deafening roar' (lvl4) and 'motivate' (lvl5) as showed on the picture below:
new_hs.png
if you meant that, then yes, in next version 'free hero specials' will be just a gameplay option

the other thing (what i assume you could mention), is that if you can't produce a hero, because the population limit is reached, then the whole, long description in tooltip is replaced by a short one, like:
short_tt.png

Ahh ok thanks for clearing that up I will have to play a game. (I like that way better than having to get a Hero to level 4 lol)
SaraTiAmo

Post by SaraTiAmo »

Hi all, and excuse me for reviving this post. I was reading this because I really enjoyed playing this mod and 'cause I've got the same problem of "dinodna123", but I can't solve it. I also read that you need someone's help to translate this version in other lenguages. I can help you with the Italian version, if you want. Thanks!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

SaraTiAmo wrote:Hi all, and excuse me for reviving this post. I was reading this because I really enjoyed playing this mod and 'cause I've got the same problem of "dinodna123", but I can't solve it. I also read that you need someone's help to translate this version in other lenguages. I can help you with the Italian version, if you want. Thanks!
so you have "!DUMMY!" labels as well, right?
which language does you pw have? uk english or italian?
SaraTiAmo

Post by SaraTiAmo »

I bought this game here in Italy and never changed lenguage, so I think Italian, but when I play Mirage some things are in English and other things are !DUMMY!

EDIT: Thanks, I solved it now. I've also translated something in Italian, I only have to do help files now.

Also another thing, I remember that in the previous version there was a giant stone statue for Norsemen, when I was translating I found that unit and also the Giganto Guardian. Are they still playable or have been removed? 'Cause if they are still playble, my game is totally bugged.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

SaraTiAmo wrote:Also another thing, I remember that in the previous version there was a giant stone statue for Norsemen, when I was translating I found that unit and also the Giganto Guardian. Are they still playable or have been removed? 'Cause if they are still playble, my game is totally bugged.
ahh, the stone statue is in the current version removed, but will be available in the next one. the giganto guardian is removed, but will be replaced with something else.
the descriptions are quite messed up, because of the constant big changes, and i rather release a new version, than tie up all loose ends
so do not worry, your game isn't bugged, and soon even the descriptions will be sorted out properly :)
SaraTiAmo

Post by SaraTiAmo »

Oh, I see :D. Thank you, I'll be the first to download the new version! There are pretty good features in this mod, I really like this
PhelX
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by PhelX »

I know this doesn't suit into this thread but I'd be ready to translate the whole mod into german if i only knew how to do so ... Would anybody be so kind to explain it to me?

Sorry for my eventually bad english i'm a german but i think there are no marks for guessing ;)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi PhelX, welcome ;) That would be of great help. MrMorgana will probably respond soon, Mirage is his mod
PhelX
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by PhelX »

Thank you Triceratops
I'll wait for MrMorganas
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

I know this doesn't suit into this thread but I'd be ready to translate the whole mod into german if i only knew how to do so ... Would anybody be so kind to explain it to me?

Sorry for my eventually bad english i'm a german but i think there are no marks for guessing ;)
kein Problem PhelX, und danke deine Hilfsbereitschaft. Mirage braucht schon einer weile komplette Deutsche-Übersetzung
ich mache gerade eine Liste, über alle neue und geänderte Beschreibungen (im Vergleich zu boosterpack), und wenn ich damit fertig bin, werde ich es dir Bescheid geben ;)
PhelX
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by PhelX »

Super danke !
Jetzt müsst ich nur noch wissen wie das läuft sind das nur einfache .txt-dateien oder andere die mittels Editoren "editiert" werden können?
PhelX
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by PhelX »

Noch etwas
Wie zur Hölle legt man sich solche großen Avatare zu?
Sorry bin noch sehr neu hier :?

Return to “MIRAGE”