MIRAGE Discussion

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
kirkbaldwin1

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear dear dear MrMorgana ,your majesty,you're my icon,im always in awe of you ,would u plz give me 2.59 beta version,can't wait 2.59 final version any longer,plz plz plz
timopw
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by timopw »

kirkbaldwin1 wrote:my dear dear dear MrMorgana ,your majesty,you're my icon,im always in awe of you ,would u plz give me 2.59 beta version,can't wait 2.59 final version any longer,plz plz plz
@kirkbaldwin1
You souldn't ask here, the beta is only by own tavern.
:!: http://para-welt.com/tavern/?

meetings
timopw
Map gewerten mit Punkte:
0-1 = sehr schlecht
2 = schlecht
3 = gut
4-5 und hoher = sehr gut

mfg timopw
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

I got the new Mirage version, this version is great especially for Dragon Clan (the lancer rider in war drums was a good idea and the declinaison for Dustriders Iguanodon is good too) which get many upgrades and new units.
But i find some problems ruinning game.
Somebody can explain this ?! Many units killed when game starts.
And my ship is near of the coast, but the warrior can't left the ship. Because of this, i lost many units during an assault because they can't leave the ship. And the ship was destroyed with the units inside when he was near of the coast.

Except theses bugs, the new Mirage is very good and the team make a great job.
ImageImageImage
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Gatling rider wrote:I got the new Mirage version, this version is great especially for Dragon Clan (the lancer rider in war drums was a good idea and the declinaison for Dustriders Iguanodon is good too) which get many upgrades and new units.
But i find some problems ruinning game.
Somebody can explain this ?! Many units killed when game starts.
And my ship is near of the coast, but the warrior can't left the ship. Because of this, i lost many units during an assault because they can't leave the ship. And the ship was destroyed with the units inside when he was near of the coast.
Except theses bugs, the new Mirage is very good and the team make a great job.
Hi Gatling rider and welcome back!
The ship thing is that a new disembarking method is implemented and used, because the old was exploitable (showed many times by DryFun, a russian player and contributor to the mod). But you can enable the old system in the Server/Game-mechanic settings ("Old disembark")
So the other bug is that your starting workers, etc get killed... i don't know why, but i will try to figure it out (this happens most of the times, when your units have more value, than points allowed and then your stuff is killed and resources set to 0, but on this picture you still have a worker and Miyagi left, so...)
By the way, are you interested in translating the english stuff of MIRAGE to french? So that we can include it in the future releases :D
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

MrMorgana wrote: Hi Gatling rider and welcome back!
The ship thing is that a new disembarking method is implemented and used, because the old was exploitable (showed many times by DryFun, a russian player and contributor to the mod). But you can enable the old system in the Server/Game-mechanic settings ("Old disembark")
So the other bug is that your starting workers, etc get killed... i don't know why, but i will try to figure it out (this happens most of the times, when your units have more value, than points allowed and then your stuff is killed and resources set to 0, but on this picture you still have a worker and Miyagi left, so...)
By the way, are you interested in translating the english stuff of MIRAGE to french? So that we can include it in the future releases :D
For workers killing bug, i don't have this problem with Norsemen, SEAS and Dragon Clan. Only Dustriders.
For the traduction, for the team, i can do this. I don't have many works this weekend, i can start working on this. And most of Mirage is already in French, only new units and upgrades need traduction.
To start with some ideas for the next Mirage, we can put back the styracosaurus in Dragon clan, but as a LV2 transporter (Dragon Clan need more transporters). Or we can put an hadrosaur like corytosaurus as a fast transporter (rhino transporter buildup for this). Mureanosaurus can be a cool aquatic transporter.
Baryonyx can be used as an aquatic caravan.
ImageImageImage
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Gatling rider wrote:For workers killing bug, i don't have this problem with Norsemen, SEAS and Dragon Clan. Only Dustriders.
can you please say, how many points you start the game with and which army preset are you using exactly (all the units and resources, so how many food, wood, stone and skulls) for this bug to happen?
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

This bug happens 5 times (only 2 time with Miyagi, the others, i don't have this character when the game starts)since i got the new Mirage.
I use this army :
ImageImageImage
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

I tried out this setting and it works (my units are not killed). Maybe is it happening only on certain maps?
Have you edited any file, like NewPointBuyCosts.txt?
Also, if you don't have anyhing against it, i would like to have a look on your game making this bug via teamviewer
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

MrMorgana wrote:I tried out this setting and it works (my units are not killed). Maybe is it happening only on certain maps?
Have you edited any file, like NewPointBuyCosts.txt?
Also, if you don't have anyhing against it, i would like to have a look on your game making this bug via teamviewer
I see that this bug appear only when i select the random choice for the tribe (when the computer select Dustriders and not the others tribes and the AI don't have this problem) and not Dustriders directly and i don't have edited any files like this. The maps has no influence on this bug.
ImageImageImage
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

okay, that's actually a big hint, i think i know what the real problem is now :D
thanks for the feedback
ariaX

Post by ariaX »

Hello! I can not find spinosaur in Dragon Clan. It removed? In previous version it was.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

ariaX wrote:Hello! I can not find spinosaur in Dragon Clan. It removed? In previous version it was.
yes, it was an epoch 6 unit (IIRC) and most of those got removed. We had discussions about Spino especially, but couldn't come to an agreement, what to do with it. With the model lacking links to have buildup objects attached to, the only reasonable option was still to have it as a handler (like raptor handler at dustriders), but it still sucked. Some of us said that it doesn't fit Dragon Clan, and should be a Dustrider unit (because they have the large Carnivores). Another idea was to make it Warden's nest animal for either dustriders or dragon clan, but that would have been also unfair to the other tribes (other ideas were to make it an egg spawn for brachio dino ammo, or give ninja an ability to plant spino nest at enemy bases for example)
So in the end we removed it, until there is a real, acceptable and cool usage for it :|
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

the only thing epoch 6 still adds are the giants (e.g. avatar or the dc big pirate ship) and new buildings. if you have an idea about what to do with spino, let's hear it, we're always open for suggestions :)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Gatling rider wrote:To start with some ideas for the next Mirage, we can put back the styracosaurus in Dragon clan, but as a LV2 transporter (Dragon Clan need more transporters).
i actually like that idea. What do you all guys think?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

well, why not. let's do it
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

Works with the salta transport buildup. Or we can eventually use the Norsemen Rhino transporter buildup.
ImageImageImage
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

oh, i like this. is it possible to give him some sort of harness?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:oh, i like this. is it possible to give him some sort of harness?
not really (unless placing a parasaurolophus buildup bottom which would be hardly visible), but with offset, it can be placed on its back more precisely, so that there won't be empty space
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

Sorry guys, an other problem with Dustrider in random select multi-tribe, search the error. How my workers can collect ressources (other tribes didn't have this problem and they can solve with buildings). It's the first time that i get the Dustriders in random multi-tribe (classical random, i don't have problems).
ImageImageImage
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

okay, the default dr hq is a client sided hack, it's not taken from the presets file, but on server side, only that file is used. next version it will be fixed
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear MrMorgana and Scrat ,my lord,i didn't expect that 2.62 final ver would come so fast,im so ecstatic,you're the source of my happiness,thank u very much,hope removed hero amount limitation,i can't never thank you enough for your hard work,best wishes.
Last edited by kirkbaldwin1 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 15:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear MrMorgana ,mirage----nine languages,great work,great game.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

kirkbaldwin1 wrote:my dear MrMorgana and Scrat ,my lord,i didn't expect that 2.62 final ver would come so fast,im so ecstatic,you're the source of my happiness,thank u very much,hope removed hero amount limitation,i can't never thank you enough for your hard work,best wishes.

you can turn off the hero limitation in mirage server settings in the pre-game lobby (the place where you set the red hand to the green hook before you start the game)

glad to hear that we're a good source for happiness :) you made us happy now :D
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear Scrat ,im very sweet to hear from u, i quote you as saying that you can turn off the hero limitation in mirage server settings in the pre-game lobby (the place where you set the red hand to the green hook before you start the game)-----i don't get it,there are six settings in mirage setting,they r world settings,buildings settings,units setting,game mechanic settings,time settings and phantom setting,can't find turn off the hero limitation in them,i mean, for example, i'd like to hire three queen tarna in battle ,would u plz elaborate on how to remove hero amount limits.thank you.
kirkbaldwin1

Post by kirkbaldwin1 »

my dear MrMorgana and Scrat ,im happy to see a.i tyrant catapult engaging again,first and foremost,would u plz remove hero amount limits,you can hire only one genre hero,which be rehired only she is dead, for instance--- imagine i can hire up to five queen tarna instead of only one in war,that's what i like,what a glorious,marvellous game,fantastic. removing hero amount limits is tough ,only ur capable to solve it,and then tweak the game a bit,like ----scorpion would move its limbs instead of sliding while moving, seas tribe's medic would flash blue light while healing units,though seas tribe is not my favorite tribe.and--------- what exactly is container of heroes for?the game s a little bit laggy,my lord,would u plz enable verticle syn. in game option,last but not least,the game s undisputably the best real time strategy game ever,best wishes.

Return to “MIRAGE”