MIRAGE Discussion

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by MrMorgana »

ok, lets start it with Babbit ;)

the jetpack ability isn't all that special, it is the same as for nm jetpack warrior, but has wider range, no accident possibility, and 30 seconds cooldown

the other is quite interesting: whereas in the current version Babbit gets mobile suit model and better weapon at SEAS on lvl4/5 automatically (and still counts as a CHTR type unit) he will have a local upgrade (no matter which tribe the player has), which has 1 minute duration and costs 500w/500s, and when it finishes, the current hero gets replaced by a mobile suit, which is truly a vehicle type unit, has same armor, has better weapons/bigger attack range, considerably more HP, has the minigun and jetjump abilities (they are better than their respective counterparts), and has a 3rd ability (lvl5) which grants the mobile suit for 15 seconds armor piercing damage (1 minute cooldown) and this ability starts from cooldown when the mobile suit appears.
the suit itself gets the killcount from babbage, cooldown from Babbit's minigun and jetjump will be continued for counterparts, etc.

AND (big thanks to Scrat for the great idea) when exo suit gets destroyed, normal babbit pops out of from wreckage (destruction anim is replaced with a more realistic one (Babbit doesn't get be killed)), with 50% HP, (and again: cooldowns continue, killcount is transfered, etc.) and gives a cooldown for turning Babbit into exo suit (only after that can the upgrade be STARTED again)

just a reminder: if you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please feel free to post it ;D
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Big thanks to MrMorgana for implementing what used to be a considerably great goal of mine. :)

Idea for suit: suit gets manufactured at HQ building, when it is ready it comes out, but is only usable when you assign your babbit to move toward it, “entering“ the suit and taking control. Would be more realistic than the armor just popping out around him. Is that possible?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Idea for suit: suit gets manufactured at HQ building, when it is ready it comes out, but is only usable when you assign your babbit to move toward it, “entering“ the suit and taking control. Would be more realistic than the armor just popping out around him. Is that possible?
hehe xD never enough, right? :D
that would be also a solution (quite hard to make though), but i actually more like having Babbit only once in the game, if the suit is produced separately, then it is again paradox
also adding an additional requirement (having HQ/any building) makes using this upgrade hard on custom maps w/o HQ, etc.

but its true that its also a bit underwhelming, so whatabout...
once the upgrade finishes, Babbit flies in to the skies (with jetpack on his back) and soon after that the exo suit (with jumpjet animation) descends to the land?

btw, a small showcasing of Babbit&Exo-suit (now he pops from from wreckage with same percentage of HP as he had before upgrade, and jetpack/jumpjet have only 30 seconds cooldown)
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

can we edit the babbit exo suit texture so that the babbit part is simply black and looks like an empty spot where babbit can enter?

and the jetpack thing i like :)

but on your video i can only see black screen :/
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:can we edit the babbit exo suit texture so that the babbit part is simply black and looks like an empty spot where babbit can enter?
we can edit it, and then babbit will never be visible on exo suit's model :S
or worse (assuming that suit's model using normal babbit's skin) babbit would be unusable onwards
Scrat wrote:and the jetpack thing i like :)
that it descends from above? :)
Scrat wrote:but on your video i can only see black screen :/
it didn't work when i first posted it (xfire bug i guess, i had to get a link for classic.xfire...) and still it takes some time to loaad (like 30-60 seconds...) but i can watch it though...
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

ok, sheesh. i like the descending thing yes
Tyranno
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by Tyranno »

Cool the Ideas with Babbit it Sounds Overpowert is he have a weakness and can Taslow Destroy him with his ability? :)
Tyranno Destroy's any Resistance !!!
Tyranno Der Thread Necromancer
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Tyranno wrote:Cool the Ideas with Babbit it Sounds Overpowert is he have a weakness and can Taslow Destroy him with his ability? :)
yes, Taslow can destroy the suit, but Babbit still lives on ^^
Tyranno
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by Tyranno »

ah very cool :D
Tyranno Destroy's any Resistance !!!
Tyranno Der Thread Necromancer
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

What about that Tesla Cone power supply thingy as Taslow lvl4 effect on SEAS?

http://teslafreeenergy.weebly.com/
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:What about that Tesla Cone power supply thingy as Taslow lvl4 effect on SEAS?

http://teslafreeenergy.weebly.com/
its a bit long and boring, anyways what purpose would it have in the game exactly? (i saw electricity many times in it, so its seems to be odd for pw)
t4 effect on seas, lol? :)
i mean from now on there won't be tribe specific hero stuff ^^
thatswhy they got +2 abilities
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

ohhhhhh
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

finally, i've finished the 'paraworld ascension' project ;)
i hope you'll like it Scrat =D
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

very good :D
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

ok, let's continue from the other 'end of the spectrum' xD
Taslow:
  1. Teleport: teleports own and allied units in 30m radius around Taslow to a selected (own or allied) HQ. The teleportation takes 5 seconds (from activating the skill) to be done
  2. Rearm: (instead of Pinning shot) this resets the cooldown on the abilities of own and allied units in 30m radius (also on Taslow's own abilities, except for this one ofc ^^)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

after such a long period of time, lets continue the project...
Ada:
  1. Sedate: can anesthetize any infantry unit (+ Stina and Miyagi), or make animal units sedated, so that their attack frequency is lowered
  2. Neuro-toxic darts: it replaces the projectile Ada uses in her normal weapon -> these do less damage and don't have armor piercing, but heavily reduce the targets sightrange and make them miss their attacks (25% chance) - it's a toggleable ability
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Warden:
  1. Pet: Warden calls his favorite Allo into battle (good combat animal)
  2. Call of the Wild: it sets an animal unit of the enemy free, so that the animal would be under control of Gaia and it would act like a normal wild variety - great thanks to Adder for the splendid idea
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

since there wasn't any response to my previous posts, i will just list all the abilities the heroes will have in the upcoming version (sequence lvl3-> lvl4-> lvl5), withouth additional descriptions (if anyone have a question regarding them, feel free to ask)
these are final, yet the upcoming testing may change some details, like effect duration, cooldown length, etc.

Babbit: Minigun, Jetpack, Mechanization
Bela: Pinning shot, Sniper shot, Shattering shot
Cole: Shotgun, Intimidate, Duelist
Warden: One with nature, Pet, Call of the Wild
Arch Druid: Mend, Purification, Sacred forest
Larry: Brotherhood, Obliterate, Ceasefire
Leighton: Vanish, Demotion, Execution
Ada: Anesthetic dart, Head shot, Neurotoxin
Governor: Whirling blade, Deafening roar, Rally
Kleemann: Sacrifice, Graveyard, Guardian
Miyagi: Plunder, Walking bomb, Bribe
Stina: Hypnosis, Domestication, Lethal wound
Tarna: Eruption, Shallow grave, Seismic strike
Tesla: Vehicle destruction, Teleport, Rearming
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

new version, 2.5.6 is available
Boristeam09
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Boristeam09 »

Tach!
Isn't that right that it would be a tournament after this patch with the mirage mod?
Would be cool...
Brauchst du etwas?
Frag ruhig!

XFire: Boristeam09
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I support this idea and open the thread for its registration tomorrow morning, ok?

Should we make the tournament this weekend or the one after?
Boristeam09
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Boristeam09 »

Tach!
Sry for the late response. Just open the thread i think, then see how many people support the idea and then we can together make a plan.
Brauchst du etwas?
Frag ruhig!

XFire: Boristeam09
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

MrMorgana wrote:new version, 2.5.6 is available
the new version is tolerated by all antiviruses?
ImageImageImage
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

it is
the problematic file back then was Mirage.exe (the launcher itself)
now i checked it on VirusTotal.com
you can visit the result here:
https://www.virustotal.com/hu/file/9e7e ... 389454303/
Gatling rider
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Gatling rider »

My antivirus tolerate now the Mirage I can play with. New screens is coming ;)
ImageImageImage

Return to “MIRAGE”