- Honorable Old Guard -

MIRAGE Discussion

Post by JK1011 »

tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Re: Funmode Discussion

Post by tomeis »

About new ideas:)
User of my forum asks if it is possible to make plane, from mission 9, as unit for SEAS.
Polish Translator of Boosterpack, SEASMOD/CEP and Mirage(Funmode)
http://paraworld1.fora.pl/
Forum dla polskich graczy
[img]paraworld1.fora.pl[/img]
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

that is possible if we can find the model and if it has any animations (highly unlikely) but we will try. Actualy I have un idea for funmode that involves your idea it is actualy pretty cool, thanks tomies.
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

Just looking at all the updates that have happened and i think that huge leaps and bounds have been made to be able to modify and have new units in this way, however i do think now that as before the Dustriders are going to be left with a weak titian. It was already the weakest by far due to not having a ranged attack and also having only one attack unlike the titains from the other two tribes. Now the triceratops titian has its launcher so has an even more powerful attack then before, the seismo now has a mele attack despite already having a close range attack in the form of a machine gun as well as 2 rockets and what does the T rex get the ability to carry 3 units yet the dust riders already have fantastic transports in the brachio transport. Obviously the mod is still in its development stages at the moment and so hopefully the T rex titian could still be improved possibly with some area attack damage. Another thing that i think would be a good idea is to replace the tracker dino, right now both the other tribes get to produce nests in which they get unlimited free guard animals from, however the DR have to pay for each tracker dino and then they wander off never to be seen and probably expire after a short time. It would be good to have a nest for the DR also

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

about trex titan you are right, we'll do something with that (and maybe other two titan will be balanced ^^)
and very good idea that tracker dino should be replaced with a nest
what do you think, what would be a good dino for it?
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

Ok, having looked through the list of animals i think that Macrolemys would be a good candidate as it is able to walk on land or swim it could be used to guard beaches as well as paths on land. It could also maybe have some armor to make up for the slightly slower speed

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

maybe but it is already used enough, maybe non amphibians as dustriders aren't that kind of tribe, maybe a fast small carnivore that is not a velociraptor like maybe the Oviraptor that doesn't seem to be used at all. BTW henry what do you think of Tomies' idea?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

well the plane can be used as a unit, although it hasn't any animation, so the question remains for what exactly? what purpose should it serve?
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

btw news: i could finally realize the 200 unit-limit system with different unit supplies :D
Marcel Schramm

Post by Marcel Schramm »

Wie hasst du das hinbekommen, dass du die Einheiten verbessert und bekommen hast
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Der einfachste Weg ist über den TechTree-Editor. Dieser ist Teil des Karten-Editors SDK. Allerdings lassen sich damit nicht solch umfangreiche Veränderungen wie oben vornehmen. Möchtest du etwas bestimmtes machen?
Marcel Schramm

Post by Marcel Schramm »

Ich möchte vor Allem die Titanen umrüsten, wie Tricertaops und T-Rex
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Okay, was würdest du anders machen? Henry hat bereits die Baumstammkanone auf den Triceratops gesetzt (umschaltbar zu Transportkorb) und dem Trex Flächenschaden sowie die Option auf einen 2-Personen-Transportkorb gegeben
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Hi Leute
Ich wollte mal fragen, was ihr denkt: wenn seas skorpion als spielbare Einheit bekommen sollte, sollte es eine bewegbare Einheit oder ein Gebäude sein?
Andere Sache: sollte seas eigenes Gebäude als Tavern haben, oder sollte Tavern ein Upgrade bei Haupthaus sein?
Und sollte seas eigenen Tempel haben, oder sollte Barracks und Garage die Heilung Upgrade haben? (Barracks Heilung für Infanterie, Garage Heilung für Tiere und Maschienen)

Hi all
I just wanted to ask you what is your oppinion: should seas get scorpion (in multiplayer), should it be a movable unit or a building?
Next question: should seas get a seperate building to hire heroes, or should the hq have a tavern upgrade? (local upgrade for each hq, after that heroes can be hired at upgraded hq)
And should seas get an own temple-building, or should get barracks and garage get a healing-building upgrade? (local upgrades, barracks for infantry, garage for animals and vehicles)
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

What is difference when Scorpion is movable unit or a building?

About buildings this is hard question because if SEAS have to be similiar to other tribes then should tavern and temple have own buildings but if you want to SEAS have something like "individuality" then hq-tavern and barrack-temple and garage-temple is ok. But
Polish Translator of Boosterpack, SEASMOD/CEP and Mirage(Funmode)
http://paraworld1.fora.pl/
Forum dla polskich graczy
[img]paraworld1.fora.pl[/img]
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

when it moves around it is pretty much unbeatable, it should be a defensive building, btw i will be afparaworld for a while as exams are in range, see you guys
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Ok, I wish you a successful time! See you
timopw
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by timopw »

Where is the German-funmode-version?
Map gewerten mit Punkte:
0-1 = sehr schlecht
2 = schlecht
3 = gut
4-5 und hoher = sehr gut

mfg timopw
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Timo, eine lokalisierte, deutsche Version wird es erst geben, wenn die englischen Texte fertig sind. Aber du kannst den Funmode mit der deutschen Version von Paraworld spielen!
Julianus Flavius

Post by Julianus Flavius »

Hi, I've been gone a while, but this looks so promising :) I'll certainly try and keep an eye on this mod once I again have ready access to an internet
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi, nice to see you 8)
Julianus Flavius

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

So I've downloaded all the things nessisary to get Paraworld to run on windows 7 and now all I need is to head home to grab the disks :) Then I'll give this pile of win a shot. Just from the slideshow on the download page I'm really excited. The 200 unit cap should be fun :)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

;) Install the updated tages copy-protection driver from their website first. Then there is a good chance it will work

200 supply cap is nice and even on my laptop it runs fine when players command large armies. The slideshow already shows the next release's features, which should be out very soon, probably around christmas

Regarding the control... because editing the army controller basically means to code it from scratch, it is currently deactivated. Works fine. Control groups (1-0) do the job

You can activate the 52-units army controller in the game's main menu. But you need to do so before you host a match
Julianus Flavius

So just to clarify they 200 unit cap is not yet operational?
Also sad that I won't be able to get the disks from home till Christmas :( but this anticipation is killing me haha
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

The 200 supply cap is fully operational. But the army controller can only show 52 units. Any further unit will not be displayed in the army controller

Return to “MIRAGE”