Seas 1.2.2 balance suggestion

Makes the SEAS playable and adds features!
Gemini

Seas 1.2.2 balance suggestion

Post by Gemini »

Hi,

First off, cep is for me (i can be wrong) the mod the most balance in the game. That why i try some suggestion for this rather than mirage mod.

So let's do this !

(sorry for my english, i use google to help me :cry: )

-Carnotaurus rider :too weak for rank 3 units and more like a scout. For the most case, you want to use powerful units like CBT for rank 3. That's why Eusmilus rider are better,they do the same, just little weak against building compared to Carnotaurus but they cost only units rank 2.

Why not make them like same profile as Eusmilus (weak against building), however, you can increases their power by grouping them together - the more Carnotaurus you have in one location, the higher their speed and attack will become (with some limits)

With this, they are more oriented damage dealer like CBT but faster, however less hit point and they need some requirement to be effective. Can fit well in ambush or some surprise attack.

-Sentinel : i always like them since i know this mod, have some robot harvester, it's so good. But one thing bother me a little, it's the stone harvesting upgrade. I mean i like that but why not put that in the basic skill of the sentinel ? Having it with an upgrade does not make us enough profit of it. It may be op i don't know because yes sentinel harvest pretty fast, but don't forget they cost more than a basic worker. With that upgrade in the basic skill, you can even make them a little more expensive like 20 wood/stone extra.

For the upgrade, Sentinel could repair building ! That will be a great addition for that units and ofc you will always use your worker for food and construction.

-Laboratory healing effect/ Speaker : the healing effect is weird in my opinion, i mean, when you want to hold a place for other nation, you will use temple who as for the majority, upgrade for your healer and the healing effect, all of that sounds logic for holding a siege for example. For the seas you have the laboratory who provide upgrade for most of your units, the building you want safe in your camp. Ofc, you will create more than one laboratory, but the idea of having that building healing your troops don't make sense to me.

Why not take of the healing effect from the laboratory and put the speaker in basic construction? other nation have healing aura building in the basic ? let's make the seas have a damage dealer aura building in basic instead. (the speaker is a nice idea btw because that fit well for the seas gameplay who are in my opinion more defensive like dragon clan than a rusher like dustrider) that will be nice for early protect your camp and why not using them in aggressive play.

As for the healing effect, you can do the same that you did in mirage, the upgrade rank 4 from Arch Druid can be healling well, it heal, it make units invu for short time, it's better than basic temple but can only be created later due to the rank 4 hero and will require a free rank 4 slot. So with this, you will need to choose, if you want to use the healing zone or if there is better thing to constructed. For those who need your healing zone to survive, don't forget our medic , like the sergeant Zim, call it ! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqf201 ... lpage#t=48

-Marksman/gunner : they are like the same, marksman are a little better but with all the upgrade from the laboratory, they are definitely better. So why use the gunner?

I think some change are needed, i don't know really what to do, but you can upgrade their range, they can be snipers ! that can be great (and make them useless in melee)

-Babbit's exo enforcer : i like it but he is little small compared to other titan, and i think that seas need it's own dino titan ! like that the player can choose, babbit rule? or the titan dino?

Why not make a dinosaur like Spinosaurus ( i know some ppl want it ^^) or even the cyborg titan from mirage? it will be a great addition to the seas, a nation who don't have much dino compared to other.

(for me Trex rule ! that scène in jurassic park 3 is a lie, the Trex would destroy the Spinosaurus, rip off the flesh and the bones of that... :evil: !!!!)

-Poisonous ammo : really nice, but why not make marksman/ gunner able to use it? too op? :(

That's all for me guys, thanks for all the work you put in this game, Mirage is also very good, there are really nice new units ^^ it's really a pleasure to play Paraworld !

See ya
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Seas 1.2.2 balance suggestion

Post by AnthonyCole »

Hi,

great you're enjoying our mod! You're right that there are a few unbalanced things in CEP - this is because we didn't really care enough about balancing it, it was more of a training how to mod PW. Would be cool if it would not just stay at that :)

The riders are currently way too weak. They have no specialization, so there is no need to build them. They definitely need a buff. Maybe some special skill?

Sentinel being able to harvest was actually a bug in the game, which we kept in for some reason. The Executor was supposed to be the wood-collector (seas_lumberjack is his name in code). It was actually quite OP (harvested 300 wood at once!), I don't know if it still is.

I think many of the hero-only SEAS buildings should be available by default, like the Loudspeakers. The Laboratory was designed to be a hybrid between the weaponsmith and the temple, so it serves both healing and upgrading. Loudspeakers should definitely provide more, them being a special building.

Yes, Marksman and Gunner are quite the same, but the first one has upgrades which make him a better choice (and does not require a hero). We should definitely balance them - I think both should fulfill different roles, and both should be always available. We just need a new special unit for Bela.

Babbit's Exo is of course strange because the Babbit Hero unit also exists. It seems that he is too strong, but Taslow can actually Instakill him. The SEAS just aren't big fans of Dinos and rely on their machines, so I don't think they absolutely need a dino-titan unit. Although a cyborg spino would be cool. What cyborg titan from Mirage are you referring to?

SEAS defenses are already very strong IMO. MG nests are cheap to build and can easily kill small infantry rushes. Poison ammo gives a buff to something that is strong already. I don't want to change the SEAS' strong units/buildings, but someone (not me) decided that we need this upgrade.

Sadly I find that the CEP has almost no balancing to it. I cannot speak about Mirage, but having no people to actually implement any balancing changes isn't going to do the CEP much good.
Thanks for the review though! I hope that we'll be able to implement some improvements in the future! :D
Gemini

Re: Seas 1.2.2 balance suggestion

Post by Gemini »

Special ability for rider would be cool, i don't know, maybe something like "Charge" charge enemy and stun them for 2-3sec? After all their name is Carnotaurus :lol:

Yes speaker should be available by default, would be nice addition for seas.

For the cyborg titan from Mirage, it's a unity rank 4 with 2 machine gun and a turret from Mirage 2.5.7.

Thanks for your answer anyway and don't worry, Seas is already a blast to play :D

Return to “CEP (formerly SEASMOD)”