Things I hate about Paraworld

OPSTF

Things I hate about Paraworld

Post by OPSTF »

Paraworld is a great game, and if you use this site, you more than likely think so too. However, there are tons of problems with the game. I am here to rant a little and maybe even get some answers.

1.) Depiction of Women: This is number one for a reason. I'm gonna let you figure out why I have a serious problem with this. Zoom in on ANY female hero or generic character in the game and you will see the problem.

2.)The attempt at a story: We'll get back to this.

3.) Heroes: why is it that a man with a sword or staff can defeat a rampaging T-rex? Why can you have 10 of them while you can only have up to 4 titans? Why do some just seem to be better than others?

4.) The army controller: Having all your units visually represented in one place is great. But the army controller is more of a limitation than a freedom. A maximum of 52 units, 25 of which generally can't be combat units? My favorite part of Command and Conquer is being able to freely recruit 20 mechs armed with big-ass railguns. Why can I only have a couple of any given unit in Paraworld?

5.) Renamed Historical Figures: This is minor. Why include two champions of the intellectual world but give them new names and pretend nothing's different?

THE STORY: Oh, fun, let's talk about the story-like sequence of events that is Paraworld's campaign.

Dustriders: So help me out here: by definition, what is a Dustrider? The word "Dustrider" is used to describe the men that hunt mammoths in mission 2. So why, after defending the mammoths and defeating the amazons, do the heroes join up with the Dustriders, no questions asked? Who were those men working with Taslow/Tesla? Why were the foes in mission 7 specifically called "Dustriders?"

Norsemen: Ok, the whole thing with "Norsemen" and "Barbarians" is fine. I'm just left asking, "Ok, what the hell was up with the "Viking Park" sign in mission 0?" SEAS theme park or something?

Dragon Clan: Just like with the Norsemen, the distinction between "Dragon Clan" and "Pirates" is clear. So, that little village in mission 9... is that there the Dragon Clan in its entirety? If that's really it, how did they get so advanced compare to the other factions?

The Plot: Why did Babbit send the Heroes into the Paraworld and not just kill them on Earth? What is Viking Park, and what does it have to do with anything? How can the SEAS control a Volcano? Why did SEAS even bother to take control of the volcano? Are the Traders form the real world? Why can the Dustriders hunt for mammoths and attack barbarians but can't defend their capital from a pirate raid? Aren't the Dustriders nomadic? If so, I've never heard of nomads building a big-ass city. I think the definition of nomad is actually cut out by that. Why is all the "water in the desert" in a freaking huge temple? How did it get there and why the hell would anyone do that? Don't the Dustriders get cold running around barefoot and shirtless in the snow? Why are there magic stones to open the mountain gate, and why are the barbarians defending them? What is Valhalla, a magic land or just a normal place filled with even more angry people? If there is nothing special about Valhalla, why were there tough-ass zombies, moving statues, and really big moving statues protecting it? If Kleeman became powerful by drinking the red shit coming out of the tree, and the heroes could drink the blue shit, why didn't they just drink the red shit? WHY DOESN'T"T STINA FIND A REAL SHIRT? How did the plane get to Valhalla, wouldn't it have to pass through Paraworld first? I'm not even going to talk about the plane. Why was the bridge destroyed? Who destroyed it?

...And I just finished the Arena sequence. Still got a little ways to go. I have plenty more stuff to bitch about that I'll add later, in the mean time, feel free to post any incite or add to my complaints.
"When the blood in your veins returns to the sea, and the earth in your bones returns to the ground, perhaps then you will remember that this land does not belong to you, it is you who belongs to the land." -Native American Proverb
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Things I hate about Paraworld

Post by AnthonyCole »

1.) Who do you think the target audience were? Exactly ^^

3.) If you are looking for realism you're in the wrong game. Apart from that, the Units more represent something. Well you can have many heroes, but for each you buy, the next one gets more expensive.

4.) If you feel that is too much a restriction for you, try Mirage. You have the ability to toggle between Supply System and Army Controller.

5.) The developers had to do that, originally they had indeed their real names.

The dustriders are the amazon-desert-nomad warrior tribes. And they teamed up cause the amazons (the "leaders" of them (idk)) surrendered.

Well this is a question which remains unanswered. Maybe we'll come up with something in the CEP. Who knows ^^

That is not the whole dragon clan. Rather the clans occupy a whole area of the planet and this is one of their villages.

The Plot: Yes, that is IMO the biggest mistake in the storyline. That really makes no sense to me either. For the SEAS-Volcano contol stuff, play the campaign and you'll see ^^
Yeah, on the ways to various location it always seems like the heroes are taking the hardest and longest way there.
And that red shit was something that turned him in a zombie boss, which none of the heroes wanted for themselves.
OPSTF

Post by OPSTF »

Wow... Mirage sounds cool and I really want to try it. However, we both know I can't. At least not right now.

Oh... and thanks for clearing up the deal with Mr. Darwin and Mr Tesla.
"When the blood in your veins returns to the sea, and the earth in your bones returns to the ground, perhaps then you will remember that this land does not belong to you, it is you who belongs to the land." -Native American Proverb
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Well. Just Install Boosterpack 2 and Win7 fix and you're good to go :P

Return to “English”