Paraworld doesn't launch

georgiai

Re: Paraworld doesn't launch

Post by georgiai »

Hey, okay :D Yeah my firewall's on but when I had the option to allow features of ParaWorld through it I chose yes, and I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials anti-virus.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You can try this tool:

http://www.para-welt.com/download_main/ ... ttings.exe

It will open your settings file. Search for "ScreenMode". It looks like that for me:

Code: Select all

ScreenMode {
		FullScreen = '1'
		Width = '1920'
		Height = '1080'
	}
You could try changing it to a different resolution (that is actually supported by your machine and is not the current Desktop resolution) and set FullScreen to 0.
georgiai

Post by georgiai »

This is the only place it found ScreenMode:

AutoConfig {
		Enable = '0'
		SetGfxDetail = '1'
		SetFixes = '1'
		SetCaches = '1'
		SetScreenMode = '1'
		Rating {
			RAMAmount = '1.000000'
			RAMSpeed = '1.509434'
			CPUSpeed = '1.000000'
			GFXCaps = '0.975000'
			GPUFillRate = '4915.200195'
		}
	}
Should I set the SetScreenMode to 0? Not sure what that'll do as it doesn't say anything about fullscreen and resolution. Thanks for helping for so long also :)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

The only place? This is the first occurence of ScreenMode for me too, but the second one is what I posted. But you don't have it?

Hm. You should be able to insert the block I posted right below the first line

Root {
of the file. Of course you have to adapt the values to your system.
georgiai

Post by georgiai »

Just tried this now and it has finally shown me the title screen! Thank you for your help I hope everything runs fine from here :) It was strange how I didn't have that code in my settings file at all.
Thanks again :D
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Thanks Ayce, I guess the game had not created a profile yet. Not sure why though. Enjoy PW
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

A profile maybe, but I think it only saves these values either once the options are saved or the game is started successful for the first time. These are in the settings-file not the userprofile-file.

Great to hear that it works. :)
thewhitelotus

Post by thewhitelotus »

Hey I just bought the game from someone and I tried installing (obviously it doesn't work that simple but oke) I tried some steps and eventually I got to the cd key input, from then I just couldn't hit the "OK" button so I tried some other steps and now it wont even start the cd key input thing ...

what did I do wrong ?

please help I don't know if there are any active members anymore but oke :( :( wanted this game for sooo long
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Lotus, sorry for the late response. We will help you with this. When you enter the code be careful with 0 and O

Why doesnt it start? Which Windows do you have?
bcendrars

Post by bcendrars »

Hi everybody I'm new here, i have windows 7 and the game doesn't launch
I have the same problem, but It seems it eventually work for everybody, but me.
I have :
1) installed Paraworld
2) dowloaded and installed the booster pack 2.0
3) dowloaded and installed win7 fix
then i launch the game and after a brief black screen the light returns and i see this :
"Paraworld client has stopped functioning"
"close the programm"

It has never work. please help me :lol:
Attachments
photo of the problem
photo of the problem
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Do you use a firewall?
GamingBeaver

Post by GamingBeaver »

Hey there,

I'm trying to play paraworld on my P.C which is running windows 8. I've been through so many efforts trying to get this game to work and all have failed. I realised that norton kept targeting the executable .exe file for some reason so when I try to load the game it has to be turned off otherwise it thinks it's a trojan.

I've downloaded the booster pack and win7 fix and still nothing, ran everything I can think of in compatibility modes but still nothing. The mouse wheel spins and then back to normal. As if something stopped it or it failed.

I played this game about 2 or 3 years ago on the same P.C and didn't have an issue. But now there seems to be some problem that I can't figure out and i've been at it all day. Would really appreciate if you guys could help me out,

Cheers
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Hi!
Are you the guy with all those dino related stuff on youtube (and using paraworld music here and there, time and again)? :)

Anyways the best option would be to visit http://www.para-welt.com/tavern/ and i/we could help you in real time, but i would suggest installing teamviewer (if you don't have anything against it)

Keep up the good work on youtube! ;)
GamingBeaver

Post by GamingBeaver »

Yea thats me haha.

Wanted to record a video on it but the games really not playing ball. I'm out for the next hour but then i'll be back to work on it
vacationeer102

Post by vacationeer102 »

Hey all!

So I have a windows 10, and I'm encountering the same problems. I've downloaded the boosterpack and I've installed Paraworld before. However, I can't find the win7fix link. Additionally, does win7fix work with windows 10?

Thanks!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

vacationeer102 wrote:However, I can't find the win7fix link. Additionally, does win7fix work with windows 10?
yes, it works with win10 too
http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?p=92588#p92588
vacationeer102

Post by vacationeer102 »

MrMorgana wrote:
vacationeer102 wrote:However, I can't find the win7fix link. Additionally, does win7fix work with windows 10?
yes, it works with win10 too
http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?p=92588#p92588
Hello Mr. Morgana,

I tried that link, but got a 404 Error on dropbox. Is there another link?

thanks!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

interesting, up until now it was working, but maybe its connected to the change regarding public folders (public folders don't work anymore in dropbox since March 15th)
New Link
Roughcompany

Post by Roughcompany »

Hi everybody IM new to the forums, and IM not a %100 sure how forums work; so please forgive me if I get easily confused. I guess i will start from the begining im in my late 20s and I remeber playing paraworld when i was a kid on my dads computer, and now in the present i saw the gaming beaver playing it on youtube, and id like to play it again aswell but i have no idea how and im not very computer savvy. i have tride on my own with no good results, is thair any body that is willing to help me out?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

hi Roughcompany! Unless you have the digital version from GamersGate or another site (i don't remember which, just that it was german), you need to install win7fix. But before doing that, download and install the boosterpack (the last official addon from the developer). Install them in this particular sequence, otherwise the boosterpack overwrites the fix.
Boosterpack link
Win7fix link
Long live the Beaver!
Roughcompany

Post by Roughcompany »

Hi and thanks for tanking the time to replay to someone like me, thanks MrMorgana. Well I think my stupidity is about to really show, so what file do I install the boosterpack into, the bin or something else. The more direct and blunt you are the better, LOL sorry in advanced. Ill try and see if I can just figure it out
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

the file you download is an installer, which should find the location of your paraworld from the registry, and should automatically install itself there. Anyways the boosterpack should be in Data folder. If you are unsure if it is installed correctly, come to para-welt.com/tavern
Roughcompany

Post by Roughcompany »

Well is their a time and date were people will be in the tavern? My sleep schedule is kinda off because I work night. If push comes to shove, I could just give up and watch other people play it.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

now it is easter time, so someone will be available in tavern, starting tomorrow.
come to tavern either on Friday or Saturday please, and install teamviewer for worst case scenario
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

hi! we are there mostly sometimes from 7pm Central European time onward

Return to “English”