- Mod -

Re: Problems with those packs? Post here

Post by Scrat »

windows ultrafix
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

whatabout calling it, what it is actually...
pw-gg fix ^^
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
mdog95

Post by mdog95 »

So the game with CEP and Mirage worked great for a long time, then today when I decided to come back to the game, it pooped on me. It won't load anything to do with skirmishes past the screen where you choose the map and settings. It also doesn't load the campaign. I tell it to start, then it goes to the loading screen where Anthony Cole has his monologue, and nothing ever loads. Even with the basic vanilla game, I have those problems. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and I'm still stuck at that same issue.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Try launching it in Admin Mode?
mdog95

Post by mdog95 »

No, that doesn't work. Also tried it with the firewall off, and still nothing. I don't have any antivirus or antimalware things running in the background either.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

How long have you waited so far? Maybe the loading is just as slow? If you somehow manage to solve the problem, please tell us how.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Like Anakey already mentioned it should be pwserver.exe unable to work properly. Which is your Windows version? 8? I am pretty sure a security-related windows update is blocking ports on your computer. Paraworld needs open ports in singleplayer too. Maybe Pwserver.exe is listed in your windows security tool. If not put it on the list and allow everything. Do not install the game again, but clean its cache if you have problems like crashes
mdog95

Post by mdog95 »

I still don't know what was wrong, but it fixed itself after I restarted the computer.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

PWServer was still running it seems. This is a common bug that happens when the game crashes (but the server.exe does not).
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Good news :)
Para-Denn

Post by Para-Denn »

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm English (just thought I'd mention that I can only read in English) I'm having a bit of trouble with the mirage dlc.......

I've downloaded the win7 fix, even though I'm playing on a Windows 8 laptop. I've downloaded then boosterpack, the big maps dlc and the mirage dlc. As soon as I download it and launch it, the dlc works. But as soon as I go off my laptop and come back on and click the mirage dlc it doesn't load up, can anybody help me please.
Tyranno
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by Tyranno »

i downloaded the win7 fix a second time as everything is installt and then it should start sry for my bad english i hope it helped
Tyranno Destroy's any Resistance !!!
Tyranno Der Thread Necromancer
Para-Denn

Post by Para-Denn »

Would I have to uninstall the win7fix then install it again or just download it a second time
Para-Denn

Post by Para-Denn »

Can somebody sent me a link to the win 7 fix please, I can't seem to find it.
Tyranno
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by Tyranno »

No at first you install PW then the win7 fix then boosterpack,seasmod,mappack and mirage and after all again install the win7 fix http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2003
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

PW -> Boosterpack 2.0 -> Win7 fix -> Mirage/CEP/Maps

In order to start Mirage you need to use the correct shortcut. Launching just Paraworld will NOT launch mods. (They are mods, after all...)
Tyranno
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by Tyranno »

i have to install the fix two times on win8
bourdue

Post by bourdue »

Hello! I am new here and i need some help for this game.

Sorry for my English (I am French).

So i have installed the game paraworld (cd version) and next i have download the bosterpack and the Windows 7 fix. The game work but the first things is the menu is in English (i have the french version) but it's not a big problem because i understand English. When i start the tutorial all the voices are remplaced by a bip and the text is dummy, dummy and dummy.

I have remplaced the folder seqsounds (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sunflowers\ParaWorld\Data\Base\Audio\SeqSounds) by the original one i have in the game before installing the bosterpack and the fix and i with that i have the french voice but the text is still dummy. I tried a lot of things by remplacing the folder text (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sunflowers\ParaWorld\Data\Base\Texts) by one i have download from the Boosterpack_FR_Language_PackV1.3 but nothing alway dummy.

I don't know what to do and it's so sad because i have the game running, the french voice and the french description for units and building and the last things i need is to have the text when the characters speaks together.

Oh yes the last thing i have to tell is the objectif are all in german! I don't know why lol.

Thanks for the held and very sorry for my English :)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You need to select the correct language when installing the Boosterpack 2.0. Try reinstalling the whole game, and this time not just click every page of the boosterpack 2.0 installer away. There is a page where you can set your language, default is "English (UK)" I think.
bourdue

Post by bourdue »

I know it's the second page and i select the french language but not working!

In the: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sunflowers\ParaWorld\Data\Base\Texts
i have for each things two files with the same name. Exemple i have a file named dialoguescenes (LMF) and dialoguescenes_fr (LTF) and it's the same for all the files in the folder Texts.

I tried to delete all the LMF files but when i do that the text in the game mean nothing (exemple: lodfzgf colac locale). I don't understand why the bosterpack put my game in English even i have choose the french language.

Thanks for your help :)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Install the Win7 fix maybe? Sounds strange but might help. Also, try clearing the cache.
bourdue

Post by bourdue »

Ah i found the problem! The file cif or cig i don't remember the exact name but when i open it with Notepad i see that in the line language, us whas write so i changer us by fr and it work very well.

AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Ah, nice. Had the same problem when I opened the editor before starting the game for the first time. Had completetly forgotten about it.
Para-Denn

Post by Para-Denn »

Hi guys, me again.

I stopped playing paraworld for a little bit and in now getting back into it, in wanting to completely uninstall it to start a fresh, because no matter what order I download the packs in I can't get the game to start, there's some file missing and I don't know what it is. Can anybody describe the best way to uninstall and then reinstall the game and nescessary mods and fix's to get th game working on a windows 8 laptop please. I don't want to do without this amazing game in my life.
Thanks see you on the battlefield.

Return to “(Download) Boosterpacks”