Mod DinoRiders?

Pteranodon

Mod DinoRiders?

Post by Pteranodon »

Hi guys I'm new here, sorry for my bad english but I'm Italian....

I Like the dinos since when I was child and now with computer we can build many things of our fantasy, I have two ideas one is a Mod for paraworld and an other is a new game, a new conception I mean give ideas for create somewhere of MMORPG such as World of Warcraft or age Of Conan.

letz start with first.

When I was child I always see carton called DinoRiders

someone remamber it?

on Youtube can watch some part.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHuNUNV0BE

Would be nice if someone can do this with paraworld

is it possible?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Pteranodon, I remember this series as well. Same goes for M.a.s.k. or G.I.Joe, same cult stuff ;).

The Problem is that no modding tools could be released due to the very bad support of the game by Sunflowers. This had been prepared by the Studio SEK but they were not allowed to finish it. It's very sad because the game would is great for modding. So without pluggins for eg. 3D Max to change models with the game engine it's sadly not possible to mod the units except some minor changes (different rider). We also contacted Ubisoft because of this (even phone call) but they have no time for this.

About the RPG idea. This would work. Not massively multiplayer but Roleplaying maps that you can play with a 8 player party is possible. It would need someone to program code for saving character stats and items so they are available in the next mission. But you must use the models taht are already in the game (but you can change all their stats). Some of us are trying to put 2 new heros and some new units together by using the Amzon and Trader models. It's very hard and we will see if it's successful. What were your plans for the RPG?
Pteranodon

Post by Pteranodon »

:( very sad to hear this!

for MMORPG i think that we cant do with Paraworld is difficult to explain now

I would like to write at some softeware house my project but is hard now i had think it few days ago and i need to reorganize ideas first

I've think:
Big world, in some world you can do expirience for level up the pg (with quest)
and some for fight against other races (you also be active in neutral area as in WOW)

A world with some races as human, lizardman, orcs (also clan sfight)
build city, conquer other
with some class as warrior, hunter, druid, rogue no mage
based not more on heavy magic as mage that do big damage
somewhat of more human.
profession such as blacksmit, miner, lumberjack, alchymy
talent etc....
Now enter the dino that will be used as war machine for fight , travel, explore
each player can tame a dinos (each dinos have some difficult skill to be tamed)
dino aslo can be trained for do new attack or talents
each dino have special attack, you can equip dino with armour and weapon , also you can unmount dino and fight pg vs dino or pg vs pg,
when u fight agains other pg you win the skulls that can be used for rewon for example new piece of armour or weapon

attack the city fortification with most heavy dinos as triceratops etc..

multi staion dinos for battle or travel one drive dinos and other pgs can use spears, arrows.

I don't konow if i've expalined good
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

This would be damn great. I could actually spend a lot of time in a PW/Lost World-Style MMORPG.
Pteranodon

Post by Pteranodon »

I know mate!

why we have try to find some softwarehouse that can produce this dream?

Return to “English”