Collection of ideas - Which units shall be changed?

Triceratops
- Mod -

Collection of ideas - Which units shall be changed?

Post by Triceratops »

The last gameplay patch has been version 1.05. It weakened the Dustrider´s Poison Throwers and the Taslow Tower.

As there are many units, like Jetpack Warriors for example, who are too weak to be useful in battle, I think we could start a brainstorming.

As the title says, which unit could or should be changed? Which strategies would be interesting but aren´t effective so far and you will lose the game if you try them.

Just feel free to post. This is a collection at first but I would like to make a new alternative, esport-related patch out of this. Changing the techtree is easy and won´t hurt the game in general. It should be an addition to the patch 1.05.

Here is a collection of units we could change:
- Jetpack Warrior (Taslow)/ More defense and health
- Killer (Ada) / ?
- Berserk (Cole) / ?
- Posion Thrower (Bela)/ ?
- Baryonyx / Nice unit to harass from behind but maybe too weak so far.
- Steam Tank / Should units be able to fire bows etc. from within like all other transports?
- Undead Warrior (Kleemann)
- Flamthrower (Leighton)

Units I think are good thus far:
- Crossbowmen (Bela)
- Ice Spearmen (Ada Special Unit)
- Exo-Armor (Babbit)
Alpha dilophosaurus

Post by Alpha dilophosaurus »

I think the steam tank shouldnt be able to have people fire from inside it. Namely, because it is a closed back transport, while things like the dust rider's stegosaurus and brachio transporters are opened back.

If you could do something about u=it, I think all the titans should be able to have people on them. I mean, they surely have enough room.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

The sad thing is that the steamtank is of no great use so far. It can´t swim, is unequal to the other tranports (and you need transports to win the game) except you can put injured units into it so they don´t get killed...

The titans? Mmh. Good question, the problem is that Seismosaur>Triceratops/Trex. Evcen if you put the archdruid/crossbowmen in the Triceratops, moving the seismo around will prevent it from being killed before the Norsemen units will. We tested it. If the seismo and trex could carry units, it would be a big change in gameplay. So far many think it would be better not to influence the indivuality of the 3 tribes, just give them more valuable strategic options.

Please post your ideas, it´s a discussion so every pros and cons should be just thrown in, like a brainstorming. Results are far away :-D
Trice

Post by Trice »

Here is a collection of units we could change:
- Jetpack Warrior (Taslow)/ More defense and health
- Killer (Ada) / maybe more attack
- Berserk (Cole) / i think they're good so far for offensiv, rush strategies
- Posion Thrower (Bela)/ i think it's ok as a support unit, one poison thrower and 3 archers on a transporter that's ok
- Baryonyx / Nice unit to harass from behind but maybe too weak so far/ you could also lower the costs so it would be a good rush unit?
- Steam Tank / Should units be able to fire bows etc. from within like all other transports, no it's more a transporter like a ship and not like a saltasaurus
- Undead Warrior (Kleemann) / i think they are very funny and if you use a steam tank or triceratops to transport them into the enemys base they're usefull (never testet, alone they're too slow)
- Flamthrower (Leighton) - should be stronger because there is no different between a trike (dc) and flamethrowers (maybe DC should get an different unit eg. an mg-warrior)

Units I think are good thus far:
- Crossbowmen (Bela)
- Ice Spearmen (Ada Special Unit)
- Exo-Armor (Babbit) too weak, a mammut is stronger because of area damage and the armour is nearby the same
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Re: Collection of ideas - Which units shall be changed?

Post by Anakey »

ok i know this is kind of grave digging, but is there any chance that the Triceratops transport could be improved? its pretty much a useless unit for the Dustriders due to the fact that they already have bronco transports which are a lot better (t ithink TT can only carry 3) and with there only being 3 slots at level 4 (2 once babit is there) the T rex titain is a far better unit for the spot in the AC. might sound strange but could it be used as a harvester? The DC have the scorpion and the noreseman have the Mamoth harvestor could possibly work if you could put the logs or whatever on the top where the transporter goes?

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

The SEAS already have that same triceratops do that, but it is a good idea.
It be a good idea to change it to Lvl 3, I mean really that triceratops is not that great anyway.

Since this topic is for ideas, (I know it's an old topic) but anyway, to change the Eusmilus with the Tarbo. Seems impossible though, right?
Beware, the Dragon Clan has machines! But not this one. :(
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

it miht be possible to have them being produced at level 3 but its definately a useless unit right now. played with the tech tree a bit to enable it to harvest but all it does is go and stad by a tree instead of say attacking it. Anyway if it has been done by seas then it should be pretty easy to do for the dustrider one

Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

It is. And no problem that you use an old thread. It's better than having too many with the same intention

The Dust's Triceratops transport is crap. Could one of you post its and the S.E.A.S. one's stats? Changing them is not a problem. You can use the map editor to do that or change them manually with notepad.exe
Since this topic is for ideas, (I know it's an old topic) but anyway, to change the Eusmilus with the Tarbo. Seems impossible though, right?
Do you mean changing the Eusmilus model (Stina special unit) to a Tarbosaurus with a mount?
Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

Yes, but with Dragon Clan's Eusmilus.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

This should work
Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

I've tried it before, but obviously I'm not good on modding the Techtree, so when I tried the game, it became extremely slow.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Anakey wrote:it miht be possible to have them being produced at level 3 but its definately a useless unit right now. played with the tech tree a bit to enable it to harvest but all it does is go and stad by a tree instead of say attacking it. Anyway if it has been done by seas then it should be pretty easy to do for the dustrider one
The SEAS' triceratops can't harvest either, I've tried it once. I think the key is that there has to be an animation taken for harvesting, I would recommend the attack animation. But I'm afraid I don't know how to modify the techtree so that for harvesting the attack animation is taken by the unit.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Zumokuta Clan wrote:I've tried it before, but obviously I'm not good on modding the Techtree, so when I tried the game, it became extremely slow.
oh
Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

Point is that maybe you can, but I can't, cause I don't know how the techtree works.
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

just a few more things i've noticed, T rex titain is teh weakest of the three, however i think that i could be improved by adding area damage if thats possible. also i nticed in teh water the torpedo turtles don't work against fire boats because of the area effect damage of the flame the turtle gets killed pretty much instantly :(

Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I think it's intended to be like this. Build a different unit to counter the fire boats

The Trex is waek. Area effect sounds good. Maybe he should also get faster?
Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

But it might just end up looking funny, if you increase the speed. Maybe give the T.Rex a 50% Poison Bite?
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

hmm i would think area damage would be better then poison, i meen to a titain the amount of damage the poison would do is not very large, however if you gave the T rex area damage then when you get 4 titains and a large army coming to you which you do get on the 10k points then being able to damage multiple units at the same time would make it stronger.

Another thing i have noticed is that even when the AI is on 10k the DR seem to not make use of the extra points ie they only buy 1 T Rex, 1 braco and teh rest are small units. I don't know if its because of this also but the other 2 tribes seem to always take out the DR before the other two, so is that because they know they are weaker?

Sorry if i'm kind of concentrating on the DR but it is my favorite tribe despiite the weakneses of some of the units

Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

Maybe give a Poison Breath like the T.Rex in the Arena? Except it doesn't hurt, (the one in the arena) but a poison breath as an attack will be great! It can be executed when you use the T.Rex Roar special.

I see what you mean, I like Dragon Clan because of it's Asian Culture and Baryonyx Riders. :mrgreen:

But the DR does seem to be in need of improvement.
:wink:
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

dc is too strong a couple of telescope towers out the front with a load of rocket launchers at teh back they can cut down anything before it gets close then any that do get past the rockets end up being taken out by the titain

Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

You'd be surprised that DR can actually beat D Clan. Due to all the melee units in its arsenal, DR is specialized in taken down enemies one by one. Besides D Clan needs alot of materials to make any kind of fortress. So anyway, about the Tarbosaurus idea, is it possible?

I really don't know what needs to be improved, because DR is a real pain with its Poison and Brachs.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

As a DC take full use of Saltas (plus doping) and Arch Druid (level 3 - animal healing)

Rocket launcher and gatling gun infantry are helpful plus tons of bowmen. Build 4-8 Saltas and attack. Afterwards crush them with Seismos. It's very hard for the other races if you control your units well

Tarbosaurus could work, can it mount riders? (not sure at the moment which unit you actually mean)
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

the seismos are the best titain in the game, the 2 guns on them chew you up when you try and get close so yeah if you ever play on the 10k points at DC then you would be very hard to beat.

Tri, did you read what i said earlier about teh ai DR not taking full advantage of teh 10k points?

Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

Triceratops wrote:As a DC take full use of Saltas (plus doping) and Arch Druid (level 3 - animal healing)

Rocket launcher and gatling gun infantry are helpful plus tons of bowmen. Build 4-8 Saltas and attack. Afterwards crush them with Seismos. It's very hard for the other races if you control your units well

Tarbosaurus could work, can it mount riders? (not sure at the moment which unit you actually mean)
The Dragon Clan's Eusmilus Rider: Can be produced when you have Stina in Lvl4.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Anakey wrote:the seismos are the best titain in the game, the 2 guns on them chew you up when you try and get close so yeah if you ever play on the 10k points at DC then you would be very hard to beat.

Tri, did you read what i said earlier about teh ai DR not taking full advantage of teh 10k points?
No. That's interesting. I think that Paraworld needs a higher unit limit, so you can counter Seismos with a better unit production

Zumokuta Clan wrote:
The Dragon Clan's Eusmilus Rider: Can be produced when you have Stina in Lvl4.
Ok - you can change the Tarbo model with the Eusmilus one. No problem. To put a rider on it, you will need 'fixed points' so the rider can be connected to the model. I don't know if a tarbo has one of those. You can check this in the editor

Return to “English”