Community modding project - 10 new missions + SEAS planned

Triceratops
- Mod -

Community modding project - 10 new missions + SEAS planned

Post by Triceratops »

"The Storm begins" - A Community Modding Project:

Here we go. It all began with Jurassic Parker announcing his Fan-Campaign several months ago. As Ubisoft now made clear that there aren´t any plans for a sequel to the game, we all fear the interest in the game could die out sooner or later. As the SEK made the map editor available some players will try to put up more stuff for the game as far as possibilities are given.

Anyone who would like to help, you are welcome. Just PN Jurassic Parker or me or post in this thread. Language doesn´t matter but some english or german knowledge would be good.

This first post will be updated with news.

Features:

- Singleplayer Part 1 (Project by Jurassic Parker):
7 new missions to fight through, with Bela, Stina and Cole and other heroes of Paraworld. You´ve got Jurassic Parkers promise they will be as thrilling as the original ones. Cutscenes and subplots will give it the edge.

- Singleplayer Part 2 (Project by Triceratops):
In additon to this we will do our best to make the SEAS fully playable. They will get their own campaign with a big finale which you will also be able to play online in a coop mode with other Paraworld gamers. As I´m a big fan of old-fashioned warfare and big epic battles I think this one will kick-ass as well.

Multiplayer: Several more maps to battle on, including funmaps with new features. The new ParaLeague Observer Maps will also be included. SEAS will be a fourth tribe to play with as well.

- Of course it´s for free! We don´t earn anything from it. It´s just a modding project.

- A printable DVD-cover so it will look nice on your gaming shelf

- An additional PDF-Manual

More Pics soon:

Stay tuned...

Working on this project so far: Jurassic Parker / Triceratops / Locutus
Last edited by Triceratops on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

So, as you all surely know my knowledge about computers is almost equal to zero, but I have some Ideas for the SEAS. And I already offered JP to take the maps of the continent project in the German forum for the CEP when they are finished (still mapper wanted).

A few lines for the SEAS:

1. Buildings

The SEAS have nine buildings - much too less :!: I looked around at SEAS/Buildings and SEAS/WWM in the Mapeditor and I found some nice things.

The SEAS have a laboratory called seas_laboratory in the section 'Buildings'. This would be a good opposite to the weapon smith of the other tribes. It would also produce the heroe`s infanteries. As basic unit i would choose the Rocketthrower (dunno the name Image ), but of cause you can make other suggestions, too.

The Capitol has a limit of 30, the Barracks 25. This should be changed: The big tenst should give place to 15-20 people. Capitol a limit of 5, the Barracks of 5-10 perhaps.

The small tents should enlarge the storage capacity for maybe 150-300, but not be locations to collect ressources.

The Steelwork should enlarge the capacity for 1 000 and cost much more.

The buildings and units should not be able to see until the right level got invented.

You should be able to build MG-Nests since level 3, small cannons (which should have a minimum range of maybe 20) could be build at level 4, the big cannons should have less HP and being build at level 5, they should cost as much as the Pteranodon cannon of DC.

Prisons should not be able to build.

There should be a kind of temple, let`s call it hospital, that has the same funktion like a temple and produce the medic. Inventions should be able to get there, too.

The carriers should have a ship-healing aura, right now they`re damaging the submarines if they are in the near.

2. Units

Some units should also be changed:

All units should cost more Ressources. And the seas_triceratops_ressource_collector should be get away or make him a good description and the funktion to collect stones and perhaps food in one step like a scorpio or a working mammoth. The Executor should be albe to collect wood, too.

Some additional unit ideas might follow.

3. Hero addons

There are no heroe addons, su I would suggest some:

Babbit: Babbit`s Exo Armor - a strong unit, the titan of the SEAS. Babbit at T4 should build it at the garage and it being T5, but not possible to fight. If Babbit gets near to it, there will be a smoke cloud like in level 1 with Stina and her Eusmilus and Babbit vanishes, but Babbot`s Exo-Armor can fight and walk now. It should also have the Jetpack-Funktion of the NM Jetpack-Warrior.

Ada should give a psychiopath (other names welcome), it`s like a killer, but with 100 HP and only 380* damage perhaps.

Leighton could give the SEAS the flamethrower and the SEAS should not have them without Leighton.

The Arch Druid, it is written in the PW manual, once saw a gigantic fish jumping out of the water, eating some NM and some SEAS units, so he could give them the fish. It`s a huge fish with many damages and HP swimming around in the seas of a map, fighting with every ship (not only with the enemies`), a kind of wild animal.

Taslow could gove them an invention in the Capital called Quickbuilding or something like that, with this the workers are faster while building buildings.

Schlieman could give them a kind of colemine that makes every 5 Seconds 10 Ressources more of every ressource but not skulls, it cuold be built somewhere and leave a hole in the ground, like an oil pumping station in our world.

Bèla? Ideas?

Stina could give them an Eusmilus, I think.

Cole? Ideas?

Warden? Ideas? Maybe a Stygimoloch-Nest?

The Governor? Ideas?

So, that was all I`ve got with this little brainstorming ^^ but add-ons could still come. How is it?

And how do you make cutscenes? :D
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Great ideas, several like the tents came in my mind as well. I will read it without hessitage this weekend.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I try to help as much as I can, in spite of my lack for computer knowledge ^^

And here are the descriptions of the new Units:
Last edited by Scrat on Tue Oct 23, 2007 19:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Babbit`s Exo-Armor
The titan of the SEAS, a very powerful robot unit, steered by Babbit himself.
Place to build: Garage
Slot: T5

Hitpoints: 5,000
CC-Damage: 150
RC-Damage: 100*
CC-Armor: 50
RC-Armor: 50
Range: 30
Speed: Like other SEAS Exo-Armors

Characteristics:
Infantry: ++
Calavery: ++
Vehicles: ++
Buildings: ++

Costs:
500F
1,750W
1,750S

Skulls: 90

Special:
-Flies with jetpack as fast and far as a Jetpack Warrior
-Only ready to fight and walk if Babbit goes in the near and they make a conclusion
-Can only be build if you have Babbit at T4
Last edited by Scrat on Tue Oct 23, 2007 19:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Psychiopath
A Psychiopath, similar to the NM killer. He kills with a Morning Star (sorry, I don`t know the english word for Morgenstern).
Place to build: Laboratory
Slot: T3

HitPoints (HP): 100
CC-Attack: 400*
RC-Attack: 0
CC-Armor: 10
RC-Armor: 15
Range: 1
Speed: Like other infanterists

Characteristics:
Infantry: ++
Cavalery: ++
Vehicles: ++
Buildings: -

Costs & Skulls:
Same as a killer

Specials: Can only be build if you have Ada T4
Last edited by Scrat on Tue Oct 23, 2007 19:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Flamethrower
Same as the flamethrower of the SEAS

Special: Can only be build if you have Leighton T4.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Giant Fish
A giant fish, attacks both the SEAS and every other tribe, cannot walk on Land - attacks every five seconds only.
Place to build: Carrier
Slot: -

HP: 2,500
CC-Attack: 150
RC-Attack=CC-Armor=RC-Armor: 0
Range: 1
Speed: Fast, as an Eusmilus

Characteristics:
I.: ++
C.: +
V.: +
Ships: ++
B.: +

Costs:
1,000F
0W
0S
+
Skulls: 60

Special:
-Is a wild animal and attacks both you and the enemy
-Hasn`t got an AC-Slot
-Can only be build if you have the Arch Druid at T4
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Quickbuilding
An invention that makes wiorkers build buildings 30% faster.

Costs:
0F
250W
200S
20Skulls

Time to create: 30 Seconds

Specials: Can only be build if you have Taslow at T4.
Last edited by Scrat on Tue Oct 23, 2007 19:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Coalmine
A building that makes a hole in the ground in order to get ressources.
Place to build: Erm... Worker? Or Taslow? ^^
Slot: What d`ya think?

HP: 2,000

Costs:
50F
250 W
200S

Skulls: 20

Specials:
-Gets every 10 seconds a ressource Bonus of 20 for every ressource except of skulls
-Can only be built if you have Kleemann at T4

-----------

How is that? :)
exterm24

Post by exterm24 »

Hey all. I'm new to the Paraworld community. I picked up the game a few weeks ago and really enjoyed playing it. Anyway I think this expansion is a really good idea and i'd love to help out. I'm not promising much since I don't have a ton of time to devote and i've only played around with the map editor a few times. That being said I have a lot of experience modding other games and would try and do whatever i can to help. Just let me know if you need anything done.

Also a quick side question does anybody ever play online? I'm not sure if the game is just not connecting correctly or if there really arn't any servers running. Thanks
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Exterm24. You are very welcome to help us.

Could you install ICQ for messaging? Would make it much easier. Or did you already add me? Our numbers can be found in the ICQ thread here on the forum.

Actually there are about 20 active multiplayer gamers regularly palying during afternoon and evenig (european time).

Your paraworld should be working correctly. Only games with players waiting for others are in the "server" list. The name is a bit confusing. After the game being started the games name is removed from the list so its just seems that nobody is playing.

I moved out of my appartement last days (staying at my parent´s for 4 weeks) but will play pw online the next days again. So if you would like to we can play some (even vs ai if you prefer).
Last edited by Triceratops on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

But we still have some problems with modding because we don`t have the software to integrate it into PW as far as I know. And I don`t know what exactly has to be done because I only have the ideas, no modding software or experience.

And welcome to the forum :wink:
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Scrat ;-). Actually that´s what I wanted to add. There are no modding tools except the level editor. So we cannot put in new 3d models.

But oone can change the games files (part of them) using a text editor.
Last edited by Triceratops on Thu Nov 01, 2007 22:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

But where is that tool? Once you told me that you can find the TechTree with the Editor, but where exactly? There are so many buttons with an association for TechTrees, that could help, I have expieriences with TechTrees from CCTP so I could change some files... and how do you want to add software you don`t know? :? Sorry for my acknowledge of PCs again -.- ^^
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Scrat, right-click on the Techtree file, then choose Open with. Then choose the Windows notepad (german name of it=windows editor). If it doesn´t suggest this tool look for it in C:\windows\... .
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Work has started. Everyone who could help (even it´s a part of it), please write an email or PN.

Highly needed are german/english and polish/english and french/english speakers for translation and correction.

Oh and 2-3 narrators would be great as well so we can give Leighton and the units there own voices.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I have 21 years expierience with several kinds of speaking, so I have a wide range of different voices (I also have a kind of gay voice; but i think the voice like this Italian Mafia Boss would be better for Leighton ^^) so If I can help you yust ask (and tell me how ^^).
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

For the german voice it could work. For the english you would need to speak it perferctly.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

For the german voice it could work. For the english you would need to be a native english speaker.
Rapator

Post by Rapator »

Scrat wrote: The Arch Druid, it is written in the PW manual, once saw a gigantic fish jumping out of the water, eating some NM and some SEAS units, so he could give them the fish. It`s a huge fish with many damages and HP swimming around in the seas of a map, fighting with every ship (not only with the enemies`), a kind of wild animal.m an Eusmilus, I think
Actually, I think the 'gigantic fish' described in the manual was just a submarine as described by someone who had not seen one before.
Today is a beautiful day to be stomping on things! As a dinosaur, stomping is the best part of my day indeed!
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

I made polish forum about paraworld and I wrote about this project and people are asking how much you done with this project. So how much work left with this? I remember that you want create traders and queen of Amazon to be playable before.

Second question:
It is possible to have the Scorpion from last mission of campaign playing as SEAS ( by this project or map SEAS vs SEAS or editing in map tribe only to SEAS?) .
Polish Translator of Boosterpack, SEASMOD/CEP and Mirage(Funmode)
http://paraworld1.fora.pl/
Forum dla polskich graczy
[img]paraworld1.fora.pl[/img]
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

We are quite far. There´ll be more than only one step:

CEPv1.0 includes Trader (and three new Trader Missions [Lead: Lord Quinex; Mappers: Lord Quinex, Diavid, myself]) integrated in tavern/teahouse and equipped with auras, Special move and special units.

CEPv1.1 includes Tarna the same way as Trader, except of new campaign missions. Or are any planned? :?:

CEPv1.2 includes Scott. Might be kinda hard because theres no animation, only cowboy. Might be the best way, but it might look silly indeed :shock: :? he´ll be a SEAS general that fights with the heroes because he left the SEAS with some of his men.

CEPv1.3 includes all changes to SEAS and their integration to MP part of PW (if possible). And some new SEAS missions.

CEPv1.4 will do some balancing.
Some units are really unuseful like Taslow's Jetpack-Warrior. I think he should have a huge view, lets say like a scout. Then there will be less archers in T2. With his flying, he can do great scouting, also across oceans, over cliffs...

The SEAS Skorpion is only available by triggering, like the big cannons. I don't think we can integrate that robot to SEAS, above all its a building, not an unit.
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

Thanks for answer. :D
Polish Translator of Boosterpack, SEASMOD/CEP and Mirage(Funmode)
http://paraworld1.fora.pl/
Forum dla polskich graczy
[img]paraworld1.fora.pl[/img]
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

This is correct, except the part about Scott. We want to implement a new hero for the SEAS but there is no modell left for it. We could use one the SEAS units and change it into a hero. The mentioned cowboy is only a texture left in the texture folders. There is no model... So no cowboy in the game.

About the SEAS. We will see how much work it is with the Trader Triplets and the Amazonqueen. Those are planned to be finished (all skills and units) and we are working on it. Afterwards we will decide how much time we can put into the SEAS project, and if we just make them available in Multiplayer with some fixings or if we will try to balance them and give them upgrades and new buildings.

Return to “English”