Transferring Titans?

Dream War

Transferring Titans?

Post by Dream War »

Hey.
(Sort of a Mod Request here). Unless a dummy like me could do it.

Would it possible to place the Norseman's Titan as the Tyranosaurus Titan and transfer the Triceratops Titan to the Dustriders? Basically just swapping the Titans around for the two factions. (I understand that this would stuff up multiplayer, but I don't intend on playing it. Or campaign).

Also, this may seem confusing but I will try to explain it clearly.

Currently, the Triceratops Titan (TT) has black plate armour (visually) and the T - Rex Titan has (visually again) bone fragmented armour.

Would it be possible to create a couple of skins where we add the plate armour to the T - Rex and bone armour to the Triceratops? And swap the two Titans around for the two factions?
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Transferring Titans?

Post by Scrat »

swapping the titans for the two factions is simple. creating a new set of armor for them is not. basically you'd have to recreate the texture files for both, which is a lot of work and really difficult if you don't have the proper tools.

the swapping is no problem - tell me which version of Paraworld you're using and I'll swap the titans for you
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

Scrat wrote:swapping the titans for the two factions is simple. creating a new set of armor for them is not. basically you'd have to recreate the texture files for both, which is a lot of work and really difficult if you don't have the proper tools.

the swapping is no problem - tell me which version of Paraworld you're using and I'll swap the titans for you

Which version? 1.05?
Have any idea how I would be able to make new textures for them?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I mean, do you use Boosterpack, Mirage, CEP, none of those, all of those?

Well, you can download Paint.NET and open the all_trex.dds files at Sunflowers\Paraworld\Data\Base\Texture\Animal (then, depending on how high your graphics setting is, edit one of the four files from 0064 to 0512 and try to swap the armor somehow.
In my signature, the green eye will link you to the Paraworld greenmod, which was like 10.000 tons and years of work because i basically had to replace every dot by the dot of correct color.
If you find a more efficient way to swap the armors, be sure to let me know.
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

Scrat wrote:I mean, do you use Boosterpack, Mirage, CEP, none of those, all of those?

Well, you can download Paint.NET and open the all_trex.dds files at Sunflowers\Paraworld\Data\Base\Texture\Animal (then, depending on how high your graphics setting is, edit one of the four files from 0064 to 0512 and try to swap the armor somehow.
In my signature, the green eye will link you to the Paraworld greenmod, which was like 10.000 tons and years of work because i basically had to replace every dot by the dot of correct color.
If you find a more efficient way to swap the armors, be sure to let me know.

I use Booster Pack at the moment. If you do swap them, will the upgrades glitch, or be Titan correct accordingly?
i.e) If Norseman have Tyranosaurus, will it give me the Triceratops upgrades?

Also, I don't think I will be able to edit units textures because...
2. Download this: (Thanks to dmashton.co.uk)
http://www.dmashton.co.uk/download/D...naries_1_6.zip - Is not found.

From http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=87
Any other way I can do this?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I finished it. Extract the attached file, then place the file called _TechTree.ttree to Sunflowers\Paraworld\Data\Boosterpack1\Scripts\Server\settings\techtree and overwrite the old file. Now you should have the Trex titan for Norsemen and the Triceratops titan for Dustriders. Tell me how it works. No special moves, sorry.

Yeah, the second program is down, but the link for Paint.NET is still up so you can download that and do it the hard way. I don't know another program that's more suitable for the job, except maybe Photoshop. But I didn't try this one.
Attachments
_TechTree.rar
(105.99 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

Scrat wrote:I finished it. Extract the attached file, then place the file called _TechTree.ttree to Sunflowers\Paraworld\Data\Boosterpack1\Scripts\Server\settings\techtree and overwrite the old file. Now you should have the Trex titan for Norsemen and the Triceratops titan for Dustriders. Tell me how it works. No special moves, sorry.

Yeah, the second program is down, but the link for Paint.NET is still up so you can download that and do it the hard way. I don't know another program that's more suitable for the job, except maybe Photoshop. But I didn't try this one.

Thanks for this.
I don't see a point in creating a new topic for these few questions (and I hope you don't mind answering them).
1) Does CEP and MIRAGE conflict with each other?
2) I noticed when I played Mirage, everything moved a lot faster than the standard game. Any way to change this back to default speed?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

1. CEP and Mirage cannot conflict each other because you cannot run them both at the same time. If you download them both, there will be two seperate shortcuts, one will run the game with CEP and one will run it with Mirage.
2. Yes, you can. There's an option in the options menu that's called Default Game Speed, change that from 1.20 to 1.00 and it's at normal speed again.
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

Scrat wrote:1. CEP and Mirage cannot conflict each other because you cannot run them both at the same time. If you download them both, there will be two seperate shortcuts, one will run the game with CEP and one will run it with Mirage.
2. Yes, you can. There's an option in the options menu that's called Default Game Speed, change that from 1.20 to 1.00 and it's at normal speed again.
Should have realized about the short - cuts..
I don't have any option for Default Game Speed.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

hmm try switching Numlock off and while ingame, press the "-" key on it twice until the message pops up telling you gamespeed was set to 1.00
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

Scrat wrote:hmm try switching Numlock off and while ingame, press the "-" key on it twice until the message pops up telling you gamespeed was set to 1.00

Thanks, that works! :)
I actually prefer 1.2 speed now though, seems more fluid and realistic. They move so slow at 1.0 and I doubt people charging or running travel at that pace.
Another thing, after I complete a Campaign Mission and click 'Continue' the game crashes, but doesn't when I go back to Main Menu.

I use MIRAGE at the moment.
Bug or error?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

bug i think
i will check and fix it
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Dream War, welcome :)
I actually prefer 1.2 speed now though, seems more fluid and realistic. They move so slow at 1.0 and I doubt people charging or running travel at that pace.
This is why I wanted it to be set to 1.2 ^^ The game feels so much better
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

it feels super hectic man
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Old Yoda cannot take it ;D
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

take it I cannot

Slow it down I must
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

Hi Dream War, welcome :)
Thank you! :)
I recently downloaded Paint.net and loaded up a file from texture (animals), and I was curious. How the hell do you edit something like 0064? I thought it would be rather simple and load up the model.
How long have you guys been editing for, and Scrat, how did you paint the models like that in your Green Dinosaurs Modification?

Sorry for the barrage of questions by the way. Glad you people are keeping the community alive!
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Glad new and interested people like you keep coming :)

Well, as I said, it took me years. Basically what I did is I edited the largest .dds files of the non-green dinos (the one with the largest resolution, for some 256, for some 512, for some even 1024) and when I was done with that, I saved them into seperately scaled down files to match the lower resolutions.
For painting them I made a control point with the hue of green I wanted the dino to have and I used the paintbrush to click on each pixel once, so the hue itself would change but its brightness would not, so the color is different but the dino still looks natural.
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

Scrat wrote:Glad new and interested people like you keep coming :)

Well, as I said, it took me years. Basically what I did is I edited the largest .dds files of the non-green dinos (the one with the largest resolution, for some 256, for some 512, for some even 1024) and when I was done with that, I saved them into seperately scaled down files to match the lower resolutions.
For painting them I made a control point with the hue of green I wanted the dino to have and I used the paintbrush to click on each pixel once, so the hue itself would change but its brightness would not, so the color is different but the dino still looks natural.

So, essentially you coloured pixel by pixel? The thing is, I don't understand, the files have like three faces on some animals/humans. It looks like concept art.
Wouldn't this be easier on Photoshop? Since you can clone stamp colours and whatnot?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Exactly, pixel by pixel. It might be easier with Photoshop, I haven't tested that. Didn't have it back then.

Some of the .dds files have multiple textures for the animations. Some body parts you can recognize just by looking at them, others you cannot. To determine those you basically have to test around, make a big red dot into whatever texture you want to try it on (back it up first of course) and see where that dot is on the unit ingame. Then you can edit them according to your plans

Edit: Just tried it. My Photoshop CS3 can't open the files.
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

Scrat wrote:Exactly, pixel by pixel. It might be easier with Photoshop, I haven't tested that. Didn't have it back then.

Some of the .dds files have multiple textures for the animations. Some body parts you can recognize just by looking at them, others you cannot. To determine those you basically have to test around, make a big red dot into whatever texture you want to try it on (back it up first of course) and see where that dot is on the unit ingame. Then you can edit them according to your plans

Edit: Just tried it. My Photoshop CS3 can't open the files.
Would CS4 be compatible?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Don't know, don't have it. Try opening it, I got a message saying it doesn't understand what a .dds file is. Paint.NET opens them just fine, so maybe you can, I don't know if that would work, open them in Paint.NET, save them in a different format, edit them in Photoshop, open the edited files again in Paint.NET and save them as .dds
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

for photoshop you need a plugin so that it can handle those files
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

MrMorgana wrote:for photoshop you need a plugin so that it can handle those files
I'll look into that, thanks.
Dream War

Post by Dream War »

This is what I have so far. Currently editing all_trex_(0512)
As I stated before, I am trying to make it as if it has the Norseman Armour on.

Any tips, pointers or considerations would be great, thanks! :P

As you can see, the part near the tail was done with clone stamping while the rest was straight colouring. Opinions on this?
(First time doing this.) :(
Attachments
Test Rex.png

Return to “English”