Atroxo transporter... Is it possibile?

SaraTiAmo

Atroxo transporter... Is it possibile?

Post by SaraTiAmo »

Hi! I'm here for talking about the new unit in Mirage Mod: the Tyranno Guardian. I was thinking about a Tyranno Transporter, a basket like the one of the Rhino Transporter of the Norsemen tribe. If there is a better basket for him, let me know it and yes, I know that on the basket's flag of the Rhino Transporter there is the Norsemen tribe emblem, but I don't care about it so much, I prefer having fun. I already modded the teechtree, with the help of the SDK map editor, also added something in NewPointBuyCosts, mirage product (sorry if I'm modifying this mod, but I really like this and I want to have more fun), unitacks_aje_tyrannotransporter and other files I think... But nothing changed, there is no new unit in game... Someone of you like this idea? If yes can give me a hand? Thank you!
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Atroxo transporter... Is it possibile?

Post by Scrat »

hmm it's easier to modify an existing unit instead of creating a new one. just modify any normal unit (e.g. allosaurus) to make a tyranno transporter. you just need to change the model animation and similar stuff and link the basket to it somehow. plus give it the ability to transport units.
SaraTiAmo

Post by SaraTiAmo »

Yes, I know that modifying a unit is more easy, but I want to create one 'cause I like all the units in Dustriders tribe. Also, to give the transporter ability to one unit... How? If creating one is really difficult, I only have to replace one :( . Thank you again

EDIT: I replaced the Aje_Allosaurus things, but still no transport basket on him.
Also no icon on Army Controller...

EDIT 2: I'm replacing the Aje_Tyrannosaurus now (Tyranno Guardian), but I don't know how to set a transport basket on him

EDIT 3: I got it! But I have another thing to do now, I set aje_archer to ride the Tyranno Transporter, but he doesn't shoot. How can I make him shooting? Also, the rider is too central to the basket, if I transport two units they overlap and it's not the best thing to see...

Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Good news!
For the archer problem, check the techtree entries of the brachiosaurus transporter. that unit has an archer that works just fine. See how it's solved there.
And for the staggered animation.. i don't know, try a different transport basket?
SaraTiAmo

Post by SaraTiAmo »

Thank you so much, again! I'm trying with the Brachio settings and I'll let you know as soon as possible, and also, later I will try different baskets. Thank you :D

EDIT: I don't find the Brachio Transporter's rider name. Only normal Brachio rider. I see Triceratops Transporter, the rider is aje_archer and also in this Tyrannosaurus is aje_archer. Also, the additional units in the basket attack only when the Tyranno is really near to the enemy...
Last edited by SaraTiAmo on Wed Apr 30, 2014 18:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

Hi SaraTiAmo its good to see someone getting stuck in in trying to change a unit like what you are doing. I was wondering if maybe whenever you might want a game if you would like to join us on xfire

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
SaraTiAmo

Post by SaraTiAmo »

Hello Anakey, Xfire? Sure! And thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to download Xfire client and I'll let you know my Username, so we can talk. I'm really glad :)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Hmm the brachio transporter is not really a unit on its own, it's the normal brachio and the transporter mode enables some modifications. So maybe if you look at the code on what is changed, you'll see a solution. Sorry for my hazy descriptions, I haven't worked with the TT in a little minute..
SaraTiAmo

Post by SaraTiAmo »

No don't worry, rather sorry if I disturb you. Also thanks for these quotes and helps, I will try what you're saying :) . Thanks again
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Sure thing mate, glad we could help. It's what we're here for. ;)
SaraTiAmo

Post by SaraTiAmo »

Thank you again and agian :D . I already tried, but I didn't found nothing about that rider, don't know what I can do now :/

Return to “English”