Population limit

demetrius

Population limit

Post by demetrius »

i play this,this good game,it could be better but they did not listen fans,no flying dino,big mistake.

1is it posible to increase the population limit of 52??were are those numbers in data folder hidden,i now that increasing pop limit afects pop slots in army controler,that have to be increased to,why they put army controler it is useless and boring,why they dont do this in onother way,example,you have 1 t-rex,you can not build 2,when you bild 1,the button for producing t-rex should became grey.
2is it posible to increase camera view beacuse is to low?
3will be some mod with flying dinos??
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: population limit

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Demetrius,

I had the same issues with the game as you

1) Technically yes, this is possible - we don't know exactly which files have to be changed. You can open them with a text editor (like notepad.exe)

The army controller is in one of the UI files. Start to change this first. It seems the unit production is connected to it

There is no limitation to units in the game except for heroes. There is a bug with the dustrider shaman that let's you build more than 52 units... ressurect a dead one and produce more units at the same time. You will break the limitiation. So this should be an indication that the limit has only to do with the army controller

I would love twice the amount of units -> 104

2) Yes, no one has done it before though. Check the camera UI file!

3) Flying dinos would work, the Jetpack warriors do have the code for it

But the problem would be to implement new units into the game. We can't do that, as there is no mod kit (convert 3d max files to game engine)

There is a zeppelin though, which can fly and even has it's code for it. Maybe you could help Scrat (here on the forum) with it. They tried a bit to work with it

Nice ideas though. The game can be modded, but you need some to time to read through the files and try stuff... Tomeis lately found a solution for SEAS in multiplayer... it's basically trial and error :)
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

thanks,i am a newbie modder,i am basic of basics modder,by that i mean i know to change numbers nothing else,i was modding for myself age of mythology and lord of the rings 2,incresing pop limit,adding new units done by someone else etc.

back to thread,i have installed booster pack uk,i find only All_def in paraworld\Data\BoosterPack1\UI.

i dont no now what to change exactly in All_def to increase pop limit??i found few 52 numbers but they dont affect pop when changed.

the game is good but for me is like unfinished,not finished 100% lets says 70% finished and released,the game is abandoned,i found only this forum for paraworld,ubisoft buy it??sunflowers exist any more??the game could be much,muchhh better.
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

Welcome to the forums, nice to see someone else from the UK

Yes Ubisoft did buy sunflowers for Anno which was the main game produced by sunflowers, with that they also got paraworld as well. unfoutunately ubisoft seem to want to continue what sunflowers had started to do ie make it appear pw never existed they closed down all the offical forums, websites etc and seem to take no interest in the game at all. :(

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Demtrius, you are in the wrong folder. It's in data\base... The boosterpack is actually a mod to the game (an official one), so they didnt change the stuff you are looking for. The boosterpack folder, you have looked in, does only contains files they made changes to. There are about 40 UI files

To make a mod you should create a subfolder like:

\paraworld\data\supplymod

Then start the game using by making a new shortcut with this:

paraworld.exe -enable boosterpack1 -enable supplymod

You also need to write a supplymod.info file like boosterpack1.info

With that you dont have to change your files but you are able to switch between the changed and the originals ones (boosterpack only)
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

@Anakey

i am not from uk i am much souther :mrgreen: ,ubisoft thinks trough money or profit,paraworld was not selling good as they think it would,so ubisoft dont wont to make paraworld 2,maybe someone someday will make better game with dinosaurs,we can write a petition to ubisoft.

@triceratops

are you sure about mod,when i played mods for lotr2,they have the same extension example.\lotr 2\lotr2.exe -mod see,but i change numbers for population in the mod folders not in original lotr2 files,but i will give it a try about what you said,mhmh,when i play lotr 2 mod the game takes files from mod not from original files so i have to change mod files to see changes in the game not original files.

i wont to change original files,dont need to make my mod,when i make changes they rest,if i screw up something i will reinstall the game.
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

oops me bad just thought that as you had the uk version of the game that you were uk

anyway instead of reinstalling why don't you just make a backup before you mod anything?

Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

A backup helps - Demetrius thats exactly what I meant. If you make another folder and add the -enable xyz to a new shortcut for your mod, the game files wont be hurt

It then uses the files from your mod folder :wink:
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

Anakey wrote:oops me bad just thought that as you had the uk version of the game that you were uk

anyway instead of reinstalling why don't you just make a backup before you mod anything?

i have uk version of the game i think,i boughi it from amazon,what is the diference between uk boster pack and usa bosterpack??

@triceratops

There are about 40 UI files what 40 files??it is only 1 UI folder

whit waht program you open usl and gsf files???were exactly is army controler??

i dont no were to look for that 52 number.were the hide it. :mrgreen:

i increase recources from here D:\igre\paraworld\Data\Base\Scripts\Server\settings-resources

}
STON {
Resource_Stone {
value = '5000'
}
Resource_Stone_Ash {
value = '5000'
}
Resource_Stone_Ice {
value = '5000'
}
Resource_Stone_Jun {
value = '5000'
}
Resource_Stone_Nor {
value = '5000'
}
Resource_Stone_Sav {
value = '5000'
}
Resource_Stone_Cave1 {
value = '5000'
}
Resource_Stone_Cave2 {
value = '5000'
}
Resource_Stone_Cave3 {
value = '5000'

but in maps resources of stone are still 2000,i mean stone mines are 2000 not 5000.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

You must change the resources on the map

About usl and gsf format... I think usls can be opened with a text editor and as far as I know gsf files need a viewer (tool) as they are related to the P.e.s.t. graphic engine

could you make screenshots of the UI and the scripts folders? They contain it

(will try to check myself tomorrow when I'm at the PC with Paraworld but some screenshots would help us anyway)

The UK and US versions are only important for which boosterpack to install, thats fine in your case
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

You must change the resources on the map??were on the map??what you mean by that.

in this UI folder only worth mentioned is All_def,in this folder are lots of numbers.

in this subfolder i was trying to change camer view but did nothong to many files for camera,which is the ridght if it is???someone says in old sunflowers forum thata camera view can not be changed.

i did nothong yesterday only increse resource limit to 10000, so no limit at 300.so no one find the were to increase pop limit of 52??i olomost forgot

niniji is dragon clan
aje is norsman or dustriders?
hu is norsman or dustriders?
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

aje = dustriders
hu = norseman

demetrius

Post by demetrius »

i found something in

D:\igre\paraworld\Data\Base\Scripts\Server\misc-RequirementsMgr

var array int aiMaxUnits;
aiMaxUnits.AddEntry(25);
aiMaxUnits.AddEntry(15);
aiMaxUnits.AddEntry(8);
aiMaxUnits.AddEntry(3);
aiMaxUnits.AddEntry(1);

var int iRealMaxUnits = 52;
if(pxCharsNode!=null)then
var ^CPropDB.CNode pxPopNode = pxCharsNode^.Get("Population");
if(pxPopNode!=null)then
iRealMaxUnits = pxPopNode^.GetValueI("Max",52);

and

D:\igre\paraworld\Data\Base\Scripts\Server\misc-player

var ^CLevelInfoHost pxLevelInfo=^(CSrvWrap.GetCurLevel()^.GetLevelInfo());
var ^CPropDB pxGenericDB=^(pxLevelInfo^.GetGenericData());
var ^CPropDB.CNode pxCharsNode = ^((pxGenericDB^)["PlayerSettings/Player_"+GetID().ToString()+"/Restrictions/Chars"]);

if(pxPopNode!=null)then
endif;
endif;

i change those numbers to 72 but nothing hapened all stay the same in game??something more have to be changed,population slots in army controler have to be increaased if posible,but were??
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Nice. Now you need the army controller file. Did you check the HUD folder? That's for the head up display, aka the interface
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

in hud are pictures and this one is important

i do some stupid things to pyramid :mrgreen:

how to edit tga files or how to add or extend slots??
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Paint.net should do it. That's actually a free tool (with a stupid name :mrgreen: )

Ok, than HUD is not correct. What about the scripts folder. There must be a files like this
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

are you a modder??i can find anything in script folder,give exact position???were is it says that level 1 takes 25 pop slots??and not 35.

i remove pyramid tga files :mrgreen: ,but i think pop limit is not conect to tga files they are just rows and columns were to place pictures of units created.

Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I will check that tomorrow

had already found this file before
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

looks like its

C:\Sunflowers\ParaWorld\Data\Base\Scripts\Game\UI\NewPyramid.usl

i think that controlls the army controler though its a large file

tried searching for 52 in .usl files and there were only the 2 mentioned previously so i would think it is not easily changable

demetrius

Post by demetrius »

we could never changed that stupid number 52 :x

i found here number 52

D:\igre\paraworld\Data\Base\Scripts\Server\misc-player.usl

if(pxPopNode!=null)then
endif;
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

yes i know but i already changed both the files and it was still 52 which makes me think that its not as simple as changing a number. IF you have a look at the file i posted above i think that is the one that controlls the pyramid tree or army controler and it is that which needs editing though it is very complicated

Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Yes Anakey. This file defines the AC's slots. So I think you need to add more slots in this file as well
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

i looked at NewPyramid.usl but to many variables and no where concrete numbers are said like 52 or 25,15,8,3 and 1.
Adder
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Adder »

Try something like this:

Code: Select all

if(pxPopNode!=null)then
pxPopNode^.SetValueI(111);
iRealMaxUnits =111;
endif;
No warranty that this even works at all, it is just an idea.
I think the programming language is pascal-like.
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

i change olready that to 57 but nothing,i think to many values "if i do this,that will hapened,when that hapened this will be changed"

Return to “English”