Problems with the resolution

Peter

Problems with the resolution

Post by Peter »

Hello guys, I hope you can help me out.

I have a Windows Vista with a wide-screen monitor and I have installed the game today. Everything was OK untill I started the Campaign. Half of the screen was missing and I couldn't do anything about it in the Options menu. There was just no choice of resolution. As it just can't work on wide-screen monitors. I tried to reinstall it but this time I choose C:\ instead of C:\Program Files\ (as I have read on this forum) but no success.
My brother installed it two days before me, and he doesn't have any problems with it (he is using a Windows XP with normal monitor).

Do you have any idea what shall I do? Can you help me?
Thank you in advance

(sorry for my English, I am Hungarian)
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Problems with the resolution

Post by Scrat »

Szia Peter!

Nem is ojan rossz as angolod ;) bocsánatot kéne kérnem a rossz magyaromért. :P

Próbáld megváltoztatni a Settings.cgf nevü fájlban a beíratot:

ScreenMode {
Width = 'xxx'
Height = 'xxx'

(egészen lent van beírva). Nekem is egy widescreen-laptop van és a Paraworldem jól müködik, nálam az van irva hogy

ScreenMode {
Width = '1280'
Height = '800'

lehet hogy az majd segíteni fog a problémán.

A Settings.cgf-et megtalálod hogy ha fönt a windows-explorerben (Windows+e) azt hogy C:\Users\A Neved\AppData\Roaming\SpieleEntwicklungsKombinat\Paraworld

Próbáld ezt ki, ha lesznek még problémák don't hesitate to ask for help here. ;)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Yeah try that, haha :mrgreen: (Scrat, you old hungarian skillOr)
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks for replying as soon as it was possible.
Good to see Hungarians here, too.
A problémám az lenne, hogy az én Settings.cfg fájlomból az a komplett 2-3 sor hiányzik. Ennek oka számomra teljességgel ismeretlen. Valami ötlet, esetleg javaslat a hiba elhárítására.

PS: Thanks. I have been learning English for 9-10 years. Already got the language exam. Next stop: Spanish
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

@ Tric
Ain't no skill. I've grown up with that. ;)

@ Peter
With Spanish I can help you too :)

Talán segíteni fog hogy ha beírod azokat a sorokat. Van olyan hogy néhány sorok létrehozására meg kell változtatni a beállitásokat a játékban, ami nálad nem megy...
Peter

Post by Peter »

Köszönöm a választ. Már megtettem, elnézést, hogy nem jeleztem előbb. Bár a megoldás nem tökéletes, a képernyő felső 1/30-a még mindig hiányzik (pedig a monitoromnak megfelelően állítottam be), de már normálisan tudom futtatni és egy pár pályán már túl is vagyok.

Thanks for all the help you guys gave me.
This page is good.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Semmi probléma. ;)

If you want to, you can play online with some people from here. As far as I know there will be some games at the weekend.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Also at the moment. Join www.para-welt.com/tavern/
N0Reas0n

Post by N0Reas0n »

Scrat wrote:Szia Peter!

Nem is ojan rossz as angolod ;) bocsánatot kéne kérnem a rossz magyaromért. :P

Próbáld megváltoztatni a Settings.cgf nevü fájlban a beíratot:

ScreenMode {
Width = 'xxx'
Height = 'xxx'

(egészen lent van beírva). Nekem is egy widescreen-laptop van és a Paraworldem jól müködik, nálam az van irva hogy

ScreenMode {
Width = '1280'
Height = '800'

lehet hogy az majd segíteni fog a problémán.

A Settings.cgf-et megtalálod hogy ha fönt a windows-explorerben (Windows+e) azt hogy C:\Users\A Neved\AppData\Roaming\SpieleEntwicklungsKombinat\Paraworld

Próbáld ezt ki, ha lesznek még problémák don't hesitate to ask for help here. ;)
What SCRAT wanted to say is:

Go to C:\Users\(YourUserName)\AppData\Roaming\SpieleEntwicklungsKombinat\Paraworld
(If you can't find AppData it's possible couse it's hidden - for seeing hidden folders in vista go to Start>Control Panel>Folder Options> View (Here you'll find a list of Viewing options for folders... You will see under "Hidden files and folders" there's a line "Show hiden files and folders" so click on that and press "OK" )
and open a file called "Settings.cfg" with notepad.

Once you have found the file and opened it with notepad, search for the line called ScreenMode and replace the configuration you have with the one Scrat mentioned so it should look like this:

Code: Select all

ScreenMode {
		Width = '1280'
		Height = '800'
Now that you did change the settings save (Press CTRL + S).
Start your game and it should work normaly now.

I also apologise for my bad English and I hope you understood my explanation of Scrats topic (I'm not hungarian either, I'm just SuperNatural :lol:
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Welcome, Mr. Supernatural. ;)
But I think you just knew how to edit the file. :P You've omit a lot of stuff that I mentioned. :D

És ha nem vagy magyar, akkor honnan jössz?
N0Reas0n

Post by N0Reas0n »

Hm, maybe you're right but I realy have supernatural tallent like x-ray and frozen breath.
:lol:

And if you look you will probably find alot of hungarian people. World is not that big as we think... Remember let the ParaInstinct guide you. :D

Return to “English”