Lost my CD

Ivanuvo

Lost my CD

Post by Ivanuvo »

Hello, I bought a copy of Paraworld a while ago and recently decided to reinstall it. However, I seem to have lost my CD.

Is there some way of downloading it for free and entering my CD key, or will I have to buy it again?

If I have to buy it again, will I have to get a new CD or is there a site where I can buy it and just download it?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: Lost my CD

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Ivanuvo, welcome to the forum. I recommend you buy Paraworld Gold at http://www.gamersgate.co.uk - it's pretty cheap (around 9 Euro), you can pay with PayPal, and it is unlimited download, and you can legally install this version on as many computers as you would like to. Your old cd key can be used to play Paraworld over LAN by installing the game on a seperate pc with it.

The other option is to purchase the game on ebay (in used condition it is pretty cheap). On a more modern OS like Windows 7 64bit the old cd versions do not work in many many cases. We have a patch for this (currently in beta status) but it is still inconvenient anyway

If you try a cd version on vista/win7, please download and install the updated copy-protection driver TAGES from http://www.tagesprotection.com/ first as it will prevent trouble with copy-protection.

Buy the gamersgate download version, it is the most comfortable option to play Paraworld. The copy-protection got removed, no cd needed, and it is in english and runs all patches/modifications from this website

There is also an increasing number of german versions without copy-protection which you could buy at http://www.ebay.de - search for PC GAMES MAGAZIN 5/2010 PARAWORLD or PC ACTION PARAWORLD
Ivanuvo

Post by Ivanuvo »

When I download the Gamersgate version, it tells me to insert disk 1 with setup.exe. What does this mean?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Ivanuvo, isn't there a folder called GamersGate temporary files? It should be next to the GG downloader file. Enter it and use right-mouse-button on setup.exe -> Run As Admin

By the way, which windows are you installing the game on?
Ivanuvo

Post by Ivanuvo »

That's the problem. There is no setup.exe in that folder.
There's setup configuration, some zip files, a bin folder and some other things, but no setup.exe.

I'm on Windows 7.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Ok, you need to run the downloader again. Use right-mouse-button on the GG downloader and run it as admin (very important). Do not delete the former downloaded files but make sure the Temporary Download folder is not write protected (RMB -> Properties)

Also install the game into X:\Paraworld, not into a program files or games folder
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hey, I found this:

RMB on AutoRunPW.exe -> Run as admin
Ivanuvo

Post by Ivanuvo »

When I re-downloaded it, ran as admin and made sure the folder wasn't write protected, it gives me the same problem. And when I run AutoRunPW.exe as admin and try to install it just gives an error window saying "setup.exe"
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I will help you tomorrow e.g. on teamviewer
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Whats the status on your problem? Which driver and folder did you put the downloader in?
Ivanuvo

Post by Ivanuvo »

I put it in my main drive, the C: drive and in the downloads folder. It's still not working.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Please join me at www.para-welt.com/tavern/ I'm there now
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I can guide you through these issues by monitoring the process with Teamviewer (www.teamviewer.com). This bug is related to your system. I read your posts in the Gamersgate support forum. As re-downloading didnt help, take a look through your registry with cccleaner (freeware). Let cccleaner remove bugs from your registry. Then reboot your system

Also check the downloaders properties. Give it administration (plus other) rights

Return to “English”