Paraworld and Vista

AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Paraworld and Vista

Post by AnthonyCole »

It does work. But the Community Fix we have for Gold, is for german version only.
Kharg
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Kharg »

Good news guys, a boy from Paraworld italia forum managed to make pw working on win 7 64-Bit here's how to:
Start---> Right click on computer--> properties---> Advanced system settings (last of the options on the left sidebar) -->Click "Settings" in Performance ---> Third Tab---> Add the 4 exes of pw
Test this please :D
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓
• Creator of the: • Current Projects:
  • SEASMOD
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓

Code: Select all

Kharg: I'll go to Nottingham on Monday for a 15 days trip! :D
AyCe: Make some screenshots!
Adder
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Adder »

I contacted tages support regarding how to identify their drivers, and they replied this:
The most reliable way to know the version is the timestamp of the drivers'
signature, atksgt.sys and lirsgt.sys.
I found these files in system32/drivers, but also 2 more similar files matching the pattern *sgt.sys

I tried using protectionID 0.6.4.0 to identify these files, and they are detected as Tages copy protection, but without a version number. The same program can scan .CAB files and will find the TagesSetup.exe that is delivered with the DVD, and in this case it will also often show the version.

Not sure how legit the protectionID thing is, but someone surely put a lot of work into it.

The names of the apparently older drivers that are installed on my system are atjsgt.sys and linsgt.sys.

Hope it helps, this kind of information should be somewhere.
d34dly2u

Post by d34dly2u »

Kharg wrote:Good news guys, a boy from Paraworld italia forum managed to make pw working on win 7 64-Bit here's how to:
Start---> Right click on computer--> properties---> Advanced system settings (last of the options on the left sidebar) -->Click "Settings" in Performance ---> Third Tab---> Add the 4 exes of pw
Test this please :D
just wanted to say this worked for me, box/dvd paraworld on a windows 7 x64 laptop. Thanks a bunch.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi d34dly2u,

Good news - thank you for informing us
d34dly2u

Post by d34dly2u »

I feel kind of stupid now, had the same problem when i installed the sims 2 and DEP was also the cause of that, oh well silly me.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

This is unkown to many. Glad it works now
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

So we finally got a way to run PW on Win7?

WTH! ALL PROBLEMS SOLVE THEMSELVES! :D
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

No, it is still a problem in case the tages driver wasnt downloaded from www.tagesprotection.com/ and installed BEFORE installing the game

Also both driver and game profit from getting installed with Right-Mouse-Button -> Install as Admin

There are still several 'traps' to step into. Zino is working on this wth his loader
d34dly2u

Post by d34dly2u »

i don't know about the drivers, i just followed the installation guide that said to get the newest from the website, and when it didn't work then i gave it access in the dep as mentioned before. I've also installed the boosterpack and am using the mappack and seasmod now, everythings working still on my laptop with win7, but my desktop with vista,...not so much, don't know why, just keeps giving the "launcher has stopped working" problem, no prompt to fill in my serial or anything.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

If it's the dvd version use the tages vista driver from pw's tool folder. Run it once to uninstall the current installation

Then reboot the pc and install the driver from pws tools folder

Start it with right-mouse-button -> as admin

We had positive feedback with this

Return to “English”