- Technical Problems with Paraworld -

Triceratops
- Mod -

- Technical Problems with Paraworld -

Post by Triceratops »

Fell free to use this thread if you got problems with the game. This is just a fan forum so please pardon some delay (especially now during summer holidays) but we will try to help as much as we can.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Problem: There's a bug where my workers won't do anything I tell them to except move around.

Try this:
Got to start ---> all programs ---> ... ---> ParaWorld ---> Clear ParaWorld Cache... and try again

or, if it is not there anymore, go to "X:\...\ParaWorld\Tools" and run ClearCache.exe

Problem: Fix for Bink Video/Sound Stuttering in cutscenes

By Druige:
Did some timkering and research. If add "/usepmtimer" (without quotes) to C:/boot.ini at the end of the line under heading of [operating systems] seemed to fix stuttering. Is a New AMD CPU fix for bink videos but worked on my pentium that had this prob with this and a few other games hope helps

Problem: After I installed the game, I got through it fine then the Serial Number box pops up. I put it in as normal, and the box is still grayed it.

Solution by Grimtar: I got it working, I opened up the default settings, and wrote my serial number into the
Game/GUIOptions/CDKeyMessage/Prompt=Please enter your serial number
Line, dunno if that's what did it, but I then copied and pasted that into the box when it popped up, and went along fine.

Problem: Invisible characters
I just got the game today, and when the tutorial level started up all the characters are invisible, I see there little glow ring on the ground I can select them and they will respond but I just can not see them.

Solution: You need to upgrade your video card drivers. This is a common behaviour of old drivers. See nvidia.com and ati.com. If this doesn´t help (mobile graphic array e.g.) try the omega drivers - http://www.omegadrivers.net/
Dschi

Post by Dschi »

Troubleshooting #1: Reinstallation! It doesn’t damage anything and will keep all your savegames, profiles and settings.

Always make sure you have the newest updates for Windows installed like Service Pack 2 and DirectX 9.0c.

When the figures are invisible, the water looks strange or similar grapical errors occur, that’s mostly related to the graphics driver. Just update your driver and the problems are gone. A well known problem that hasn’t been fixed by the patch are the crashes and the blue screen of death that occur at times. In the majority of cases it’s enough to simply clear the cache. To do that, go to the ParaWorld-startmenu-folder and click Clear ParaWorld cache or go to the subfolder Tools in the ParaWorld directory and run ClearCache.exe. Do this every time before you start ParaWorld to avoid trouble. The cache system is thought to make loading times faster, but it causes problems.

Another problem is the copy protection Tagès. It could cause trouble when you‘re trying to launch the game, e.g. it says that the original disc could not be found in the drive even if it’s there. An up-to-date driver can put things right here, too. With Windows Vista you have to do update it because the driver on the disc is not signed. Vista requires signed drivers. Settings can be manually edited in the data file settings.cfg. This is to be found in C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\SpieleEntwicklungsKombinat\ParaWorld and is created at the first start of the game. By the way, the folder Application Data is hidden. To view it do as follows: Open any folder in Explorer. Choose Tools then Folder Options. When the multi-tabbed dialog box appears, select the View tab. Select Show hidden files and folders. Then click OK to close the dialog box. You can also change your serial number in the settings.cfg, that’s why the content of it should never be posted.

If the buttons in the multiplayer- and skirmish-menu stay gray, that means that the process PWServer.exe has crashed. To fix this issue, open up the taskmanager by pressing Crtl, Alt and Del, click on the second tab processes and kill ParaWorld.exe, PWServer.exe and PWClient.exe. Then clear the cache (see above) and rerun ParaWorld. If the message ParaWorld is already running appears, you’ve got to do the same thing.

Furthermore the autosave-function should be disabled if you have any problems. It’s to be found in the options-menu.

Outdated virus checkers could consider PWServer.exe to be a virus, because there is a virus with the same name. Always keep your software up-to-date! Turning off virus checkers and firewall might fix connection problems in the multiplayer mode.

Runtime error? Increase the size of your page file! Go to control panel and click system. In the dialog box go to the Advanced tab. From here, click on the Performance tab and you will get a pop-up. Here, you have the ability to increase the size by clicking Change.... You should increase the value so that it’s a little higher than the recommendation.
undedknight

Re: - Technical Problems with Paraworld -

Post by undedknight »

O.K., i'm having serios problems installing paraworld on my vista :twisted: . i justgot it a few months back so its fairly new. when i install, 1 quarter way thru the instal, the fileC:\..\Data\Base\Audio\Sound\06_atmo\atmo_sava_night_wind.wav filew will just stop. a minute later a box kums up tht says:
Feature transfer error
Feature: Main Component
Component: Pack
File: I:\data2.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

help plz! :(
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi,

I'm 99% sure that your DVD is damaged. We never heard of Vista errors about reading the Paraworld disk :(

I found this:
The most common time you will see the cyclic redundancy check error message is when trying to read data from a damaged CD or DVD. Just before it appears, your CD/DVD drive will probably grind and whirl away - your PC may also become a little slugglish.

For CDs and DVDs, the problem is a little different. Normally, when CD/DVD drives get a CRC message from a disc, they try to read the disc again - hence the grinding sound. After several failed attempts, they give up and display the redundancy check error. The problem can be hardware (loose cables, failing drive), software or damaged media. In most cases checking and cleaning the disc is the easiest way to overcome the problem. If different clean discs produce the same error, it is likely to be a hardware issue (check the discs in another drive). Another common cause of these errors is poorly burnt CDs and DVDs - especially those that had numerous or severe buffer underuns. USB burners suffer from this problem when the burn speed is too high (generally above 4X-8X)

If the discs are damaged, you'll probably need a recovery tool to get back your data. CDCheck 3 will work for CDs and DVDs. First it will check the media, and then you have the option to recover the files. It's free for personal use and has saved many people heartache when it comes to recovering lost digital images and videos from damaged CDs.

Try to clean your Paraworld DVD with a soft piece of clothing. Be carefull with it and move from center to outer ring. I'm really sorry, hope you find a solution
undedknight

Post by undedknight »

TY SO MUCH i can't believe how stupid i was!

Paraworld is working perfectly, i cant belive it was the disk! :mrgreen:
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Good news 8)
undedknight

Post by undedknight »

I'm srys, got new prob. :evil: whenever i try to go campaign, skirmish, anything my game doesnt respond so i gotta close with task manager :cry:
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Clear the Paraworld Cache many times. Sometimes it grows so full that nothing works any more.

For doing this, execute the file Sunflowers\Paraworld\Tools\ClearCache.exe
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Sad to hear, please post us which software-firewall you use - also any information on virus scanners installed would give more hints how to solve the problem. It's usually one of them blocking pwclient.exe or paraworld.exe
jatherip

Post by jatherip »

ummm....doesnt i virus scanner tell you if he blocks any software? mine does!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

What about your firewall?
hirshy123

Paraworld won't start

Post by hirshy123 »

I have my paraworld downloaded and when i click play a paraworld thing comes up. After that nothing happens. Please help.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Hirshy,

Which windows version do you use?
Any software firewalls installed?
Any anti-virus softare installed?

The game's files

paraworld.exe
pwclient.exe
pwserver.exe

must not be blocked by any software. Please check your firewall settings

The TAGES copy protection can be blocked by the above mentioned security tools as well. Please turn them off during the game's installation.

Download newest version of the copy protection driver here

http://www.para-welt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=902

and install it with turned-off firewall/anti-virus software

Please stay in contact. This should not be a big deal
hirshy123

Post by hirshy123 »

ok thanks, i will try that out
hirshy123

Post by hirshy123 »

i also use windows vista
hirshy123

Post by hirshy123 »

now when i install the game during install shield wizard a pop up comes and says:

Feature Transfer Error

Feature:Main Components
Component: DirectX
File:J:/data2.cab
Error:Data Error (cyclic redundancy check).
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

I think your DVD is damaged, so you will have to buy a new one :(
hirshy123

Post by hirshy123 »

I can play the game on my laptop though.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Yes, it is your disk

Some drives can still read them, but others can't

I had this problem once with a slightly damaged dvd. Two small scratches made the difference :(

Please check your dvd. Are there scatches or any dust?

If not, it could also be that your drive is the cause. Then try stuff below

Am I right, you had succesfully installed the game to your desktop PC once?

Then go to START-> Windows Settings and undo Paraworld un-installation. I think it's called system recovery in english. Paraworld's installation should be marked in the system recovery's calendar
robocop

Post by robocop »

hi my para world wont start i ordered it form amazon and it jst came today i wanted to play this i have windows 7 and idk wat do to plze help me
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

newest TAGES protection drivers installed?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Dont install in standard folder
robocop

Post by robocop »

how do i do tht?
Triceratops
- Mod -