Common reason is that ISP uses an inner anti-virus which detects suspicious sites and check if they are containing viruses, trojans worms and etc. So it probably filtered your download domain and caused the download manager problems when it tried to continue downloading, as the problem may happen when you try unpausing. There are several possible reasons for you to receive such a message.
You can do the following:
* 1) Check your internet connection. This message may appear when the connection is interrupted, or very slow.
* 2) Reboot your PC - this may remove some temporary files, clean some memory, and may help in removing this message
* 3) Just wait 5-10 minutes and try again - this is most probably a temporary problem, so whatever causes it, it may be gone after a while.
* 4) Try downloading the game from another computer, and if the error does not appear there, you can copy the downloaded files and the download file (!) to your computer and run the file. It will then search for the downloaded files. If the temporary folder for downloaded games and the download file are in the same place, then it will find the files and start the installation process. If after all you still experience this problem, do write to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Server did not accept the request (replied HTTP status; 200, expected 206)" message
This may happen due to different reasons. Some of them may be:
* 1) An anti-virus application may be blocking/filtering the download. Lower the anti-virus settings or disable the antivirus during the download.
* 2) Your internet service provider may use a built-in security service, which detects suspicious sites and checks if they are containing viruses,trojans, worms and etc. It probably filtered your download domain and caused problems to the download manager when it tried to countinue downloading.
BitDefender 2009 stopped the installation due to a virus in the launch file.
Turn off real time protection in BitDefender.
NOTE: Some antivirus react improperly. It will be crucial for our business to supply any kind of malware, but still defenders suspect file names like Generator as viruses.
Can i download a game on one computer and install it on another one?
Yes, you can.
* 1) Copy the download file and the temp folder as they are located near each other
* 2) Paste on another computer that has connection to the internet
* 3) Run the download file and fill in the login/password if necessary
* 4) The installation process will start automatically, if the temporary folder is in place, since it will find the install files.
NOTE: Internet connection is required for performing the installation process. Installation cannot be made manually. It is done automatically and it requires internet connection to be performed properly.
Can I use 3rd party Download Managers with GamersGate?
Can I use GamersGate if I am behind a proxy?
Yes, unless GamersGate is blocked manually of course. The Windows version of the GamersGate downloader uses the same proxy settings as Internet Explorer, which can be set in the control panel.
How do I download my games?
You need to
1) Log in on the site
2) Go to My Games tab on the left
3) Chose Purchased Games option
4) Click the Download button next to the game in the list of purchased games.
5) Launch the file you downloaded by double clicking it (we advise not to run it from the browser) to download the game
6) After the download is finished the installation procedure starts automatically.
This is how it workshttp://www.gamersgate.com/?page=shop&what=downloader
NOTE: Installation cannot be done manually. It is done automatically and it requires internet connection to be performed properly.
If nothing of this is a problem on yours or your friends computer send them an email:
If they dont fix it, tell us. You will be able to download this game I'm sure