Graphical Glitch

Pichux90

Graphical Glitch

Post by Pichux90 »

Hey guys. I have a graphical problem with my game. Everything goes nice and smooth and I haven't run into any troubles except for one graphical glitch. Everytime when the small numbers below the resource stocks show up (like, +20, -100 etc.) They seem to glitch all over my screen (Throwing a colorful shadow or something). I can still play, but it's really annoying.

Playing on laptop, Windows Vista
Vcard: Intel GMA 4500MHD

P.S. I posted this in the Technical Problems with Paraworld topic, but thought that it could be missed there, so I created a new topic.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: Graphical Glitch

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Pichux, this is probalby caused by the Intel onboard graphic card. We had several users here with similiar issues although they looked a bit different. The problems source is an incompatibility issue of the onboard cards driver. Some users reported switching to desktop forced the game to clean the screen. There is actually even a console command in the game to force a restart of the the 3D engine but your problem seems more like an interface bug. Could you please tell us more about screen resolution, virus scanners/firewalls and version of your directx (start- run- dxdiag). Could you make a screenshot of the bug for us? Use the PRINT key, the image is saved in the documents folder of Paraworld

Also please try different resolutions and graphic settings. Start with the lowest possible

Sorry for responding late by the way :)
Pichux90

Post by Pichux90 »

I'm playing at 1024x768 resolution and already tried to play around with the graphical settings, to no effect. DirectX 11. And i have AVG 9.0 antivir.

That shadow is not permanent it just dances around until the numbers below the stocks are gone.
Attachments
scr_20140328_084149.jpg
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

I sometimes have these graphical glitches in the editor, especially in Ashvalley maps. They depend on the location and angle I'm looking.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Will be back later today, very busy
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Pichux, I had a look through the old official Paraworld forums (the backup is here: http://www.goneflowers.de/archive/index.php/f-124.html ) to find any tip how it could work flawless. These glitches happen because of an incompatibility of the driver. I cannot find a solution for this, sorry :(
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Install latest drivers?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Most notebooks with onboard graphic cards are only provided with one driver version, the one that came with it. But it is worth checking for sure

Return to “English”