Descriptions of Skills

Triber

Descriptions of Skills

Post by Triber »

Hi, I have a little problem with the descriptions of skills of the units. From a certain time game stopped showing descriptions of skills and instead of that I see this:

_brachiostomp
_allosaurus_scrunch
_cole_special_move_1

and so on...

Does anyone know, where is the problem and how to solve it? Thank you in advance for your answer.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: Descriptions of Skills

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Triber, welcome :) This is caused by the game not being able to read the localization files. It can be fixed by installing the game again, or by installing the Paraworld Boosterpack 2.0 if you are ok with patching the game to version 1.05 (latest official patch) :)

You can download it here www.para-welt.com/ (scroll down a bit)

What version of Paraworld do you currently use and what language do you want it to show?

Cheers

Tric
Triber

Post by Triber »

I have patch 1.05 with Czech localization. However, I don't understand anything else. When I installed the game, it worked normally. After 2 days, game stopped showing descriptions, the next day it fixed somehow and now it doesn't work again.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

This is strange indeed! Do you use different windows logins? Which folder did you install the game into?
Triber

Post by Triber »

I have Win7 (Compatibility mode XP SP3) also with paraworld_win7fix. Using the same login, only one on this PC and game is installed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sunflowers\ParaWorld\...
Triber

Post by Triber »

I tried to reinstall the game and still the same problem, but when I installed it about a week ago, everything was working properly. That's just what I don't understand. If it never worked, so I understand it. But when it works sometimes and sometimes not, so it's weird.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Maybe the "fixed" localizations in the boosterpack don't contain these?

Never heared of a Czech version of Paraworld.

Try starting the game with Boosterpack (Paraworld Boosterpack desktop shortcut) and without (the autorun when inserting the dvd, or just copy the boosterpack shortcut and remove "-enable boosterpack1" from the properties.).
Triber

Post by Triber »

Here is Paraworld sold only with Czech localization and BoosterPack is already as part of the installation. (no Boosterpack or SDK shortcut, just only Paraworld) When I try to download BoosterPack and overwrite it with the current installation, it replaces all the text in the game for !DUMMY!, because there is no English localization.
Last edited by Triber on Mon Sep 09, 2013 0:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Triber

Post by Triber »

I removed the "-enable boosterpack1" from properties and now it works well.

If I want to play without problems with BoosterPack, I need to get a file with English localization. Then in "defaultsettings" rewrite just single line and I can switch languages ​​if I'm not mistaken.

By the way ... translation of all texts works properly. Don't work only a few descriptions of skills of units, even though in the game is their translation, just does not appear. It's not such a problem that it mattered much while playing, just wondering why it actually doesn't work as it should.

Screen 1

Screen 2

I'm sorry for my English, but understand English is one thing, but to write grammatically correct is far more difficult.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

I guess the Czech localization is broken.

You can always try to readd the missing text sections to their boosterpack files, but that's a lot of work and maybe there's a simpler solution.

Paraworld stores its descriptions in \PW\Data\Locale\xx\Texts\Help
The Boosterpack "overwrites" these files when playing with the files from \PW\Data\Boosterpack1\Locale\xx\Texts\Help

_allosaurus_scrunch should be an entry located in H_ui.seml. If the file in the boosterpack folder does not contain it, it won't appear ingame. Maybe it's just a simple formatting error? (brackets not closed or something like that?) Just open H_ui.seml in Notepad and search for _allosaurus_scrunch. If you find something, maybe you can fix it? I don't know, because I only have the boosterpack language files for german, english uk/us, italian, russian, "spanish" (which is english, our translator was lazy), french and hungarian.
Would be nice if you could send me your \PW\Data\locale\xx\Texts folder and your \PW\Data\Boosterpack1\locale\xx\Texts so we can add czech language for a new version of the Boosterpack 2.0 ;)

You can also switch the language to english by changing the "language" line in the settings.cfg. But you would need a complete english translation for this, otherwise many texts, videos and sounds will be missing.
Triber

Post by Triber »

Both files look at _allosaurus_scrunch exactly the same, therefore I don't know what's wrong. Just tell me where do I send those folders.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Just copy them to folders, put them in a ZIP and upload it to http://www.file-upload.net/ or some other site for uploading files and then post the link. Maybe I can find out more about what is wrong.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

In addition to what AyCe has posted:

Triber, please check your settings.cfg file and tell us what it says behind language= ?

Is it CZ ?

We need this code to fix the problem. And it can be fixed we promise. We can add the czech localization texts to our boosterpack2.0 so other people can use it without problems in its next version (which we will make asap)

By the way ... translation of all texts works properly. Don't work only a few descriptions of skills of units, even though in the game is their translation, just does not appear. It's not such a problem that it mattered much while playing, just wondering why it actually doesn't work as it should.
These are the same bugs as in the other language versions. These are mistakes made by the publisher of the game. That's why we have made our Community patch/Boosterpack 2.0!

We can fix that
Triber

Post by Triber »

I had to use another site, because it's bigger than I expected...

http://www.ulozto.net/xSFs5jTk/paraworl ... zation-rar

ParaWorld\Data\BoosterPack1\Locale\cz
+
ParaWorld\Data\Locale\cz
Triceratops wrote:Triber, please check your settings.cfg file and tell us what it says behind language= ?
Global/Language=cz
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

We only needed the text parts not the voices :D But thank you :) I'm quite busy this week but the czech language will be added to our patches asap
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Nice. Can you please reupload the texts only? Videos and Audio is not needed. The texts alone should be a few MB only.
Triber

Post by Triber »

AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Thanks! :D I will work on the next BP2.0 version soon.

Very strange, I cannot see a huge difference when comparing the two H_ui.seml files. The Boosterpack one even has a missing tag fixed, but also replaces two minimap-related texts with english ones. :? And it contains an entry for the new actions of course.

You could try renaming the boosterpack's H_ui.seml and copying over the one from the locale directory. But then this would be missing:

\{helpitem -name _iw_buff_drain_life Vysátí života}
\{tooltipshort}

\{/tooltipshort}
\{tooltipmedium}
• Jednotka ztrácí život po určitou dobu
\{/tooltipmedium}
\{tooltiplong}
\{img bres:-1;layer+bufficon_attack_down}
\{ref H_general.seml#_units} Jednotky \{/ref} s touto ikonou ztrácí po určitou dobu život.
\{/tooltiplong}
\{/helpitem}

Maybe clear the cache? There's a shortcut for that in the start menu.
marcelalidumbrava
- Dustriders -
- Dustriders -

Post by marcelalidumbrava »

please help i have a problem with paraworld description names even in main menu ita writing like this menu_press_button or at skills not added ........ or eusmiluspara2.5. and things like that everywhere in the mirage version 2.5.4 released on 7th.january.2014 please help any answer will be welcome
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

marcelalidumbrava wrote:please help i have a problem with paraworld description names even in main menu ita writing like this menu_press_button or at skills not added ........ or eusmiluspara2.5. and things like that everywhere in the mirage version 2.5.4 released on 7th.january.2014 please help any answer will be welcome
that is very hard even to read, let alone understand (btw its 2.5.6 at least from 7th January)
but as far as i see you have localization problems
and to be clear: there are even things which don't have a description, so most hero abilities the description is simply: "To be added..." which is exactly, what it says -> i'm working kinda alone on mirage, because the former co-leader (who was the descriptions maker) isn't particapating in the development anymore, so those things will be added later (in upcoming versions)

the eusmiluspara2.5 i don't find anywhere, and don't even understand what could you mean by that tbh :S

and the main menu button issues are probably because the installer didn't have enough rights to modify a file in install folder

which language does your pw have?
marcelalidumbrava
- Dustriders -
- Dustriders -

english
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

marcelalidumbrava wrote:english
okay
to fix the main menu buttons, i can help you via teamviewer if its good for you, but you need to come in tavern (http://www.para-welt.com/tavern/) or irc channel (http://goo.gl/IbvT8) to speak about it

and what is with "the eusmiluspara2.5"? whats that?
marcelalidumbrava
- Dustriders -
- Dustriders -

the eusmiluspara2.5" is a writing problem sorry i was hurry

Return to “English”