PWserver.exe trojan?

wafflefries777

PWserver.exe trojan?

Post by wafflefries777 »

Just this morning I have lost control of my mouse and firefox. My browser was hi-jacked by a virus or malware. The browser would persistently try to install other malicious software by taking over my mouse and opening viruses installation windows. It successfully installed a couple before I shut off my laptop and ran in safe mode. I ran a couple of anti-viruses to delete some viruses that was installed which they did. However, the problem still occured after going back to normal mode. So I ran a anti-malware software this time and I deleted a lot of stuff. I then downloaded a really good antivirus to make sure everything was fine. It scanned and it detected PWserver.exe as a trojan. It quaratined it deleted other annoying malware. After that the problem was gone. Was this a false-positive or did it cause what happened? Thanks for any replies.
wafflefries777

Re: PWserver.exe trojan?

Post by wafflefries777 »

Here is a pic.
Attachments
Trojan.PNG
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

This trojan is using your last opened programs to hide it itself. Check the folder it is located in, this is not the games folder.

I higly recommed in such an infestatin to save your data and reset your system. Either by using a tool that came with your pc, or by formating and installing windows again
wafflefries777

Post by wafflefries777 »

That's what I though I should do too. I was chatting with an Microsoft tech and they said the Virus was not a big of a deal since it did not damage my computer at all, it just installed common toolbar malware which was the issue since it made files to hide itself in. The files were cleaned and erased and he gave me the clear.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I see :)

Return to “English”