Problems with Booster Pack 2.0

Tal'Set

Problems with Booster Pack 2.0

Post by Tal'Set »

So I'm running Paraworld on Windows 7, and I've been having issues installing the Booster Pack 2.0, the SDK and the Map Pack.

My issue is that everytime I install them, they seem to install successfully, shortcuts and all, but then the shortcuts of both the regular game as well the SDK and Booster Pack simply refuse to start. In short, they show the Paraworld pre-loading screen, and then clear and out and do nothing.

I'm using Paraworld Gold, downloaded from Gamersgate, if that makes a difference. I wonder if that's the problem, and if I really have to resort to purchasing a disc version of the gamee again (I lost my original copy awhile ago)

Any and all help would be appreciated, since I'd like to see what some of the new Booster Packs have to offer.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: Problems with Booster Pack 2.0

Post by Triceratops »

At the moment I can only guess. I think you have installed the big Boosterpack2.0 file instead of the small one at the bottom of the Boosterpack thread? :wink:

To fix it, install this file: http://db.tt/WA0kKWAr

The Gamersgate version is fine, it is compatible with all files from this website except the big Boosterpack (which is DVD-only)
Tal'Set

Post by Tal'Set »

Okay, so is there a different order they're supposed to be installed in? Just tried installing the file you linked but it got a bunch of various errors before it finished installing.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Ok, don't use this file and install the game again (choose X:\PW as installation directory, X is your harddrive). Now install this file: http://para-welt.com/download_main/counter.php?file=1

Afterwards you can install CEP, Mirage and the Mappack (www.para-welt.com) in any order
Tal'Set

Post by Tal'Set »

If you don't mind me asking, what do the CEP and Mirage do?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

CEP makes SEAS a player-controlled faction, with new units, upgrades and buildings. Mirage goes even further by adding a lot of new units for all tribes, including more flyers, free-camera-control, up to 200 units per player and a lot more. All features are for skirmish and multiplayer mode, CEP also brings one new singleplayer mission. Both do not change the original game and are started seperately. They need Paraworld Gold (or Boosterpack) to work though
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Usually you should be fine with any version after you installed the win7 fix
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I'm sure there was a larger mess in his case which needs the game to be installed again. But you are right, otherwise the win7fix should work with every version updated to 1.05 (Boosterpack and Gold edition)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Just install PW -> Boosterpack 2.0 -> Win7fix and everything will work. You can then proceed with CEP/Mirage and the mappack.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

He has the Gamersgate Gold Edition so he does not need a Win7fix

Return to “English”