Please help vista problem

Kcin122

Please help vista problem

Post by Kcin122 »

i can't run paraworld. everytime i go to run it, it says that theres a problem and closes. i've installed the drivers and the 64-bit will install but it doesn't help and the 32-bit won't install
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: Please help vista problem

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Kcin, welcome to the forum!

Please tell us more about your Paraworld. Shop edition? Version 1.0 or 1.05? Any patches/modifications already installed?

We also need to know whether you got firewall or antivirus software installed on your computer. If so please tell us which ;)

Your windows is Vista64? Is it patched? Are all drivers up-to-date?

So far I can tell you that the problem seems to be caused by the game's copy protection driver not working properly. This can be fixed. Please answer the questions, we will help you
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Re: Please help vista problem

Post by Anakey »

Hi, as Triceratops has said, more info would help. Also you will need to uninstall both the 32bit TAGES driver and the 32bit directx if the game installed them and then replace them with the 64 bit versions. Alternatively there are instructions in the downloads forum for purchasing/downloading/installing the direct download version of pw from gamersgate, this will remove the cd check and also the copy protection.

Thanks to Henry for making the animation

Return to “English”